We are currently looking for an International Logistics Manager to join a leading company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the International Logistics Manager you will be responsible for managing, providing leadership and provide strategic direction on the organisation's Logistics Operations.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the International Logistics Manager will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will prepare and agree freight budgets for Annual and Mid Year budget cycles, and identify areas of overspend and opportunities to optimize costs.
2. You will lead the selection, contract negotiations and appointment of all new third party logistics partners, used within the supply chain network.
3. As the International Logistics Manager you will establish a robust performance measurement process to track the effectiveness of the Global Logistics Operations, and use this to drive process improvement initiatives.
4. You will develop & own processes to ensure compliance with customs requirements (e.g. - Accuracy of Export Declarations / Origin Declarations / Document retention & retrieval).
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the International Logistics Manager we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Logistics, Supply Chain or Operations related discipline.
2. Proven industry experience in managing an outsourced distribution function, preferably in an industry where product is in a life sciences company.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with import /export customs procedures and compliance, as well as contract negotiation with freight forwarders and 3PL's.
Key Words: Global Logistics | International | 3PL | Operations | Pharmaceutical | Distribution | SOPs | GDP | Process Improvement | Customs | Compliance | Exports | Imports |
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.