Position – International Logistics Manager
Location: St Albans
Salary: £27,000 to £30,000
A exciting opportunity opportunity has arisen with one of my clients for an experienced International Logistics Manager.
Established almost 20 years ago, my client has experienced massive success and growth and is now one of the key players in the architectural lighting market and pride themselves on manufacturing and providing their customers with unparalleled lighting products and services in a unique manner.
Does this sound like a role for you? If so, we need to talk. Call Mark Clark on (phone number removed) today.
The purpose of this role is to oversee the full manufacturing order process. You will work very closely with the Payments team to ensure compliance pre and post order. You will be tasked with making decisions for delivery and negotiating lead times. In addition, you will work very closely with their team based in the Far East to ensure the company QC process is followed.
It is crucial you have strong communication and organisation skills to be successful in this role
- Ensure correct documentation is present for all orders
- Responsibility for the management of inbound freight across a number of manufacturing and distribution operations. This will involve managing carriers across sea and air freight and the associated commercial and operational aspects of doing so.
- Ensure compliance with all logistical regulations
- Work closely with the Payments Manager to manage the payment sign off process
- Liaise with the team in the Far East to manage the QC sign off process
- Oversee the movement of stock from the FE to UK
- Schedule and negotiate lead times
- Make commercial and operational decisions in relation to the method of delivery
- Keep a track of all orders and delivery schedules
- Manage the departmental calendar and order schedule
- Liaise with Accounts Department to ensure invoice/ Duty & VAT payments to forwarders are correct.
Skills and Requirements
- Advanced level of Microsoft packages like Excel
- Experience in a similar role essential
- Can demonstrate a good understanding of MRP systems
- Experience of leading a team in this capacity would be an advantage
If you feel you have the skills and ability to perform this role for a growing and dynamic company then send in your CV or call (phone number removed)
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.