• Execution of transportation activities in accordance with all customer service requirements
• Ensuring on-time delivery of freight in line with customer service requirements
• Coordinate, facilitate, organise and provide information for both internal and external customers as well as ensuring compliance with all government regulations and corporate directives for the timely and safe handling and shipping of materials and products.
• Establish and confirm rates with carriers and ensure this is up-to-date with the most competitive rates at all times.
• Actively identifying opportunities to reduce transport cost and improve margins
• Utilisation of problem solving tools and implement corrective actions as appropriate
• Provision of world class customer service, and ownership of assigned customers
• End to end inbound through to dispatch.
• Maintain customer and supplier relations and communicate to ensure on time delivery
• Ensure all product is compliant and adheres to company standards
• Ensuring that all data is input accurately into company system, and data records
• Completion of invoicing to customers, and log updates
• Ensuring that all reporting requirements are met in accordance with company standards
Who are you?
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in logistics and/or operations.
• Experience with international logistics
• Experience with Road, Air and Sea freight
• Experience in working with multiple 3PL’s
• Good communicator (First-class written, verbal, organisational and interpersonal skills)
• Sharp eye and attention to detail
• Able to plan, execute and deliver targets, manage and contain workload, you will have autonomy to deliver on this and will enable you to take ownership of your role
• A highly organised, detail-oriented, self-starter - with the ability to develop and prioritise workload, working independently and as part of a team
• Excellent understanding of Supply Chain
• Proficient in MS Excel
• Flexible so as to develop the role to best meet the changing needs of a growing company
• Team player
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.