The vehicle finance manager will be responsible for setting up their own department incorporating sales, underwriting, procurement, collections and operations that currently facilitate the finance agreements for the purchases of the commercial vehicle sales.
The role will be responsible for introducing vehicle finance sales to the logistic and transport sector and in particular companies that run fleets of commercial vans.
Success in this role requires general commercial awareness and a certain depth of knowledge
The successful applicant will assist in the creation of and ultimately run the department that will be responsible for the following:
1) Sales. Facilitating and assisting with introductions to potential clients within:
i) The logistics sector
iii) Other sectors that use commercial vehicles
2) Procurement; including, but not limited to:
i) Our supply chain
ii) Our tracking options/requirements
iii) Servicing/Service Plans
iv) Other current/future driver requirements
3) Working with and drawing on the experience and resource of the following departments to ensure the smooth running and constant evolution of the Vehicle Finance Department:
i) Business Development
ii) ICS Operations
Ensure our new department is fit for purpose, fully understand our unique finance IP and continue to develop and test our underwriting process and formula. Develop new vehicle procurement relationships, which includes tracking service, maintenance, insurances, vehicle servicing, develop test our underwriting formula making sure our business processes are fully up to date and current within the logistics and transport sector.
Manage finance defaults, collections, vehicle recovery and auctions and achieve our underwriting objectives.
Be responsible for developing and enhancing the vehicle Finance department’s operations policy and procedure documentation for all staff, financial functions, software systems and reporting. Ensuring the department is run to budget and generating revenue based against the business plan.
Have excellent management skills and be able to motivate colleagues and working closely with the group trading boards and shareholders.
Must have excellent commercial awareness, fully understand the group business and the benefits we provide to all our self employed customers through out the group trading entities, must be pro-active and always looking to enhance our vehicle finance product features and client benefits.
· Set up, manage and take responsibility for the new vehicle finance department covering all aspects detailed above, be a motivator and a go to person for the department staff and company directors.
· Have an existing network of suppliers/dealerships across the UK, so the group business can improve its purchasing ability, develop revenue streams and achieve greater profitability.
· Implement risk management and internal controls, work with the trading board and shareholders to develop new business solutions as the business develops.
· Ability to provide updated weekly/monthly management reporting.
In addition to the duties and behaviours outlined in the Line Managers Code of Conduct, this role is responsible for:
· Ensuring team building is prioritised with a focus on employee motivation, addressing any motivational issues as they arise
· Taking a flexible approach to people management to ensure that each individuals needs are tailored to ensure productivity and job satisfaction
· Providing on-going feedback to team members to facilitate continuous personal development and success
· Addressing performance issues in a pro-active, fair and timely manner
· Ensuring all members of the team are fully trained, knowledgeable and up to date
· Supporting the implementation of learning plans and structured training
· Maintain an excellent level of understanding and knowledge of IN-SYNC Groups’ products and services
· Take responsibility for own personal development in line with agreed performance objectives
· Support colleagues and team members with professional problems, working to help them to resolve any issues
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
· Min 3 years Background in fleet management within the commercial vehicle industry
· Relevant experience in new and used commercial vehicle sales
· Excellent skills in asset recovery
· Excellent understanding in vehicle brokerage
· Good example of past business accruement through forward thinking within asset purchases.
· This role will require someone with pro-active thinking and who will create new opportunities within this in native bespoke group vehicle product.
Hours of Work
· Hours: 8.30am – 5.30pm with 1 hour for lunch (Mon-Thurs) and 8.30am – 5.00pm with 30 minutes for lunch (Fri)
About IN-SYNC Group
IN-SYNC Group is a specialist group of companies, providing a unique service of financial benefits to contractor and corporate clients.
The three companies within the Group are IN-SYNC Tax, IN-SYNC Outsourcing Ltd, IN-SYNC Credit Services Ltd and Sprite Technical Services – each making the group ‘stronger together’, which is exactly how we view the relationship we have with our employees. We recognise that our success as a Group is shaped by the success of our people, so we believe in developing our employees – aiming to create opportunities and careers rather than jobs.
Our business is dynamic and fast paced, constantly evolving to ensure we always remain compliant with current and planned legislation; our innovative leadership team continually improving our position as a high performing organisation.
We look to hire individuals who are keen to be challenged, are hungry for success and who will share our passion for working in an energetic and motivated environment.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The Employee may be required to perform other related duties to meet the on-going needs of the organisation.
To apply for the role, please email your CV and any other supporting information to firstname.lastname@example.org