Logistics, planning, resolve queries, manage a team, communication and problem solving
Our client is looking for a Logistics Manager to join the team and take responsibility in managing the logistics of the company.
The business is forging ahead in the waste industry, working with new technologies to ensure that the most is made of our resources. The company was founded in 2012 by two experienced Directors and has since grown from strength to strength, winning industry awards and leading the way in refuse derived fuels.
The purpose of this new role is to manage the daily logistics and customer needs of the business. Communicating via telephone and email with both logistics suppliers and customers. Significant experience dealign with customers is essential.
Key tasks for the Logistics Manager
* Managing a small team, prioritising its day to day activities to ensure that deadlines are achieved, and a high-quality customer focused service is available.
* Plan and schedule collections and deliveries to a yearly delivery plan - managing day to day and weekly issues
* Resolve reactive issues for suppliers, logistics, and delivery customers - for example port rejected load, delays in unloading, rescheduling etc.
* Managing customer and logistics queries, complaints and disputes resolute.
* Measure performance and report weekly on supplier’s performance
* Pricing new and existing supply routes
* Managing incoming enquiries and responding appropriately
Attributes and Experience required of the Logistics Manager
* Self-motivated with a proactive approach to work with a 'can do’ attitude
* Previous experience in logistics in either freight forwarding or direct logistics management
* Highly organised with a good attention to detail
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Able to converse with customers - to build relationships, to work with and managing expectations to deliver a service
* Proficient on MS office packages
* Experience in working in waste management an advantage
This is a friendly and fun place to work, with the feel of a start up, but the security of success and industry expertise. We have worked with this client for some time and have placed some very happy candidates there!
What happens next?
In the first instance, please apply through this advertisement to Mission 4 Recruitment. We are working with our client to find the best candidates on the market. Successful applicants will be invited to meet the Consultant working on the position, within the next few days, and she will can come to you!
Interviews with the Hiring Manager will be held as quickly as possible. We understand that you may have notice to give so we want to get the ball rolling as quickly as we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Despite our best efforts it is not always possible to respond to every application individually due to the high volume of responses we receive on each vacancy. Only candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted for this particular role and if you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume that you have not be successful. However, we will keep your details on our database, and will contact you when other suitable positions come in
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.