We are currently working with a leading FMCG distribution company based in Cranbrook, Kent.
Due to ongoing growth, they are currently seeking a Logistics Manager to join their successful team.
The Logistics Manager will report directly into the Senior Logistics Manager and will be accountable for planning, prioritising and managing all inbound and outbound freight distribution operations, establishing business controls focused on quality management processes, and cost control methodologies; providing leadership and support for staff; build long long-term relationships with customers; and ensuring compliance with company policies.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with planning, prioritisation and management of freight distribution operations to ensure timely delivery and quality service.
• Support and train the team that provides effective organisational capabilities and depth.
• Ensure Drivers are trained in the correct procedures for operating company equipment and that freight is being expedited in a safe and timely manner.
• Effectively deploy support resources to pursue continuous improvement opportunities.
• Support new business growth and development.
• Follow up with the team to ensure problems and issues are addressed and resolved.
• Ensure compliance with company policies
• Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
• Ability to communicate and interact effectively with people from multi-functional and diverse backgrounds.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, employees and customers.
• In-depth knowledge of receiving, stock movement, inventory control, distribution practices and standard business practices.
• Demonstrated success in leading, supervising, managing and developing high-performance teams.
• Makes customers and their needs a primary focus developing and sustaining productive relationships.
• Ability to plan, organise and manage multiple projects and set priorities.
• Hold a National CPC licence.
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit. If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page. This does not need to be formatted in the same manner. In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a "clean" copy in Word. Thank you.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. KHR - Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.