Balfour Beatty is currently recruiting for a Logistics Manager to join our Regional team to work on a highly secure new build facility within the South West Midlands/Welsh Border.
Candidates must be eligible to undertake a high level of security vetting.
We are ideally looking to recruit people locally however we will accept applications from throughout the UK as a subsistence package will be available for the right candidates.
As a Logistics Manager, you will:
• Have overall responsibility for the logistical requirements of the project
and to lead by example, managing the day to day delivery of the
• Ensure all bookings are scheduled and applied for in time to allow site
• Checking loads and updating the client with what is leaving and
entering the secure site
• Be responsible for the safety and welfare of the general public, staff
and supply chain within area of control under the strict observance of
the safety policy and in conjunction with local HSE
• Carry out regular site visits to check storage areas are kept clear and
• Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm
What we are looking for:
• A successful track record in managing logistics on complex projects
• Previous experience of working in a high security environment
• Strong leadership and management skills, with experience of managing
a multi-disciplined team
• Excellent team player and team leader, able to work competently and
independently without supervision
• CSCS and SMSTS or willing to undertake an SMSTS
• A commitment to a Zero Harm approach to Health and Safety
Ideally applicants will currently hold security clearance or will be eligible to undertake a high level of security vetting.
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.