MyCFL is working with a well established specialist agricultural supply company. They deliver excellent agronomy services to their customers, maintaining the highest standards of professional practice at all times. We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Logistics Manager to join their busy team near Alton.
The Package - What you could earn
- Salary negotiable depending on experience
- 40 hours per week plus additional hours as workload/season requires
Logistics Manager - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage driving Personnel -including vehicle maintenance and cleanliness are kept to an appropriate standard
- Ensure that all loads are accurately and securely placed on the vehicle
- To route the vehicles in the most efficient and cost effective way without causing any detriment to customer service.
- To work closely and proactively with other key stakeholders, including but not limited to Agronomists, depot staff and head office staff, to ensure the delivery requirements are met for all customers.
- Be responsible for managing local inbound product deliveries and product returns.
- Co-ordinate all local material/product disposal adhering to the required and legal standards.
- Be responsible for maintaining driver hours and mileage records ensuring legal and industry obligations are met.
- Undertake monthly stock takes, and report variances and differences with commentary as needed.
- Ensure all customers enjoy a positive customer experience at the trade counter or over the telephone.
- Take and process sales orders as needed.
- Ensure all health and safety policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Any other duties as defined by your Manager.
- Ensure warehouse is compliant to basis standards
- Ensure all drivers and vehicles (where applicable) are compliant to ADR
- Maintain petty cash, fuel receipts
- Duties will include Monthly reports to Operations management
The Person - Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- BASIS storekeepers qualification
- ADR/FLT qualification
- IOSH Managing safely
- Driver CPC
- Good working knowledge of Working Time Directive, Driver Hours and all Driver related legislation
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal
- Excellent customer service skills and knowledge
- Flexibility to work additional hours as the workload demands, particularly during the spring and autumn seasons
Are you a Logistics Manager looking for a new and exciting opportunity within a well-established company? Is this you? Apply today
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.