3-year fixed term contract, 37-hour week
Are you a Logistics Manager looking for an exciting, and different, opportunity to share your considerable experience working in an advisory capacity for one of the area's leading education and training providers? As an experienced Logistics Manager, you will work both in North and North East Lincolnshire offering advice, coaching and consultancy to SME businesses. We would anticipate that suitably qualified personnel will hold, or have recently held, a managerial or operational role within the haulage/logistics business. We are looking for a Logistics Manager with a passion for sharing specialist knowledge to support SME's and help them develop their business and create employment opportunities. With a CPC qualification you will be a Logistics Manager who ensures they are always up to date with current transport legislation, ensuring businesses comply totally with transport rules and regulations. This is a great opportunity for a Logistics professional to make a difference to local SME's and help them grow their businesses.
Personal specification - Logistics Manager:
- Proven management experience in logistics
- Experience with solving problems and seeking solutions for business needs
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Significant knowledge of the region along with a known list of contacts
- Ability to analyse company's business plans and accounts
- Knowledge of business finance, marketing and operations
- CPC in Road Haulage is desirable, but not essential
- Experience in managing commercial vehicle operations and operator licence ('O' licence)
- Good PC skills - Microsoft Office
Key responsibilities - Logistics Manager:
- Identify SME's and their needs, perform an initial assessment of their business
- Facilitate and deliver business workshops
- Undertake desk and in-company research to identify solutions leading to companies' business growth and create employment opportunities
- Complete accurate records of activity ensuring these are submitted in time
- Attend business networking events
- Liaise with service providers, business development, marketing and other associates to ensure projects are delivered on time, within contract
- Ensure up to date knowledge of general and specific environmental sector
If you are currently working as a Transport Manager, Fleet Compliance Manager, Transport Operations Manager, Distribution Manager this may be a great opportunity for you to make a difference.
Living in or around Grimsby, Scunthorpe, Hull, Barton on Humber or Brigg would be commutable distance for this role
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.