St Albans, Hertfordshire, AL2 2FL
£27,000 - £32,000
Working Hours: 07:30-17:30 Monday-Friday
Benefits: Pension Scheme, 20 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, On Site Chef.
Background and Statement:
Our Client was established in 1997 and is a long standing dominant force within the Architectural lighting market. They pride themselves in adding value to their clients by providing unparalleled lighting products and services in a unique manner. Their business model places them and subsequently their clients at an advantage, they are suppliers completely and one hundred percent in command of their supply chain. Quality, research and development, product innovation, testing and procurement is all down to them. No third parties involved throughout the manufacturing process means they are able to deliver higher quality products at reduced prices to their client base.
We are looking for an experienced and strong leader to join us as Logistics Manager. As our Logistics Manager you will be responsible for ensuring effective management of our goods out and transport team. In this role you will work very closely with the Head of Logistics and Group Operations Manager to ensure our client delivery needs are met.
In the business environment, you must also be able to work under pressure and deliver tasks on time.
* Coordination of our Goods Out Area
* Operate as part of the leadership team contributing to the strategic planning of the business in supply chain, supporting the business in the absence of the Head of Logistics
* Ensure effective planning and forecasting in supply chain
* Ensure the Transport department is always adhering to FORS .
* Support the Transport Coordinator with daily routing
* Ensure all delivery slots and deadlines are met
* Scheduling all the business Goods Out in collaboration with delivery calendar
* Report weekly on the Goods Out Area
* Plan and schedule all vans for next day deliveries
* Manage and report on vehicle maintenance
* Ensure Health and Safety Compliance
* Ensure compliance with all legislation for vehicle fleet and machinery
* Ensure optimal transportation modes and routing
* Review and continually improve risk assessment procedures and practices
* Conduct or review audits for logistics activities such as storage, distribution or transportation
· Previous experience leading a team in a warehouse/transport environment
· Customer service driven
· UK Full Licence
· Knowledge of working with KPI’s with a thorough understanding of performance management in Warehousing and distribution
· Experience in implementing process and making changes
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.