This is a fantastic opportunity for an logistics manager who has five years experience within planning and logistics management from an engineering background. The company offers a fantastic benefits package alongside progression for individuals who are committed
Purpose of the role
The purpose of the role will be ensuring the availability of equipment and materials required to perform the efficient and effective maintenance of PV Solar Farms.
The suitable candidate will also be responsible for maximizing supply chain efficiency and effectiveness across all 4 key areas of responsibility; Logistics, Supplier Management, Purchasing and Inventory management.
Duties and responsibilities
• Establish and manage an efficient transport/distribution network.
• Identify Suppliers and establish procurement frameworks agreements
• Assess and manage supplier performance
• Implement efficient and effective procurement processes
• Ensure appropriate control of procurement activities
• Warehouse Management
• Implement stock control & replenishment
• Monitor and analyse spares usage to determine stock levels at site, regional and central locations
• Eliminate stock outs/achieve a 100%
• Maintain client stocks at contractually specified levels
• Establish and manage component repair & calibration facility for relevant components
• Efficient and environmentally friendly disposal of waste materials
• To ensure all activities are conducted in a safe manner.
• Document and maintain logistics and procurement processes
• Ensure effective management of supply chain data
• Preparation of reports to the Management Team.
• Expertise in negotiating supplier contracts, creating and analysing bids.
• Expertise in logistics and carrier contracts
• understand warehouse operations and will have lead Lean/Kaizen activities to maximise efficiency in product flow in the end to end supply chain
* Knowledge of electrical engineering components
* Knowledge of electrical distribution landscape
• A visible leader.
• Able to take ownership of situations to deliver results.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to influence key stakeholders in the business.
• Minimum 5 years running multi-faceted warehousing and logistics operation.
Education and Qualifications
• Degree level, preferably engineering or logistics
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.