Our client is a state of the art manufacturer in the security industry, providing high-tech equipment to major organisations and government facilities throughout the world.
The Logistics Manager will be responsible for leading the logistics and import/export processes for the shipment of materials/equipment to meet project demands whilst minimising expenditure.
• Manage all day to day logistical requirements including, crating, crane hire, shipping and local regulations.
• Oversee the packing of all shipments to ensure transactional accuracy.
• Import/Export Compliance including definition of requirements and documentation support.
• Manage the issuing of documentation for trade / duty relief associated with country to country agreements.
• Advise on correct term to be used as per Incoterms on contracts and individual sales orders to prevent additional charges being incurred.
• Ensure correct tariffs are used for import and export control.
• Manage the issuing of certificates of origin, and legalisation of documents.
• Responsible for developing a strategy to deliver year on year freight forward savings.
Knowledge and experience required
• Strong experience in logistics with a sound understanding of the process and challenges of transporting high value or hazardous goods within the UK and abroad including Import/Export, IncoTerms and HMRC regulations
• Ability to understand complex technical information, and translate this information into relevant business terms and concepts.
• Capable of developing clear and up-to-date procedural documentation
• Extensive overall logistics management experience including project management experience.
• Experience of working in a Aviation/Automotive Industry would be beneficial
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.