Logistics Manager, Corby
At Jacksons, we make Great Bread and deliver Great Service, but to do that we need Great People!
We recently built a brand-new facility in Corby – it’s pretty impressive. We’re now looking for an experienced and driven Logistics Manager to join the team who will play a vital role within our wider Supply Chain function.
Reporting to the Senior Logistics Manager, you will be focussed on monitoring performance and driving continuous improvement initiatives.
You will be working with and leading a strong internal team and ensure constructive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders of all levels.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintain the transport fleet ensuring services, tachographs and all other legal requirements are met in accordance with our Operators Licence.
- Identify, explore and propose cost saving opportunities within the supply chain, developing operational plans for implementation while ensuring due diligence and stakeholder engagement across the business.
- Monitor Logistics costs including fuel and freight costs and currency exchange rates, obtaining and verifying rates from service providers to determine accurate market rates.
- Review proposed logistics routes across our two sites for operational viability and cost effectiveness.
- Conduct Logistics service provider audits and carry out regular visits to our suppliers, service providers and freight forwarders where necessary.
- Coordinate records ensuring that information is up to date and accurate at all times with adherence to all legal requirements.
You may be working at a similar level and will have experience in a Supply Chain or Logistics management role, ideally within an FMCG environment.
You will be able to demonstrate a proven track record of successfully delivering strategic projects across all levels to drive improvements in processes and revenue. Strong inter-personal, leadership and negotiating skills are therefore essential, even when working under pressure in this fast-moving industry, as is the ability to identify vulnerabilities and close operational gaps.
You will also have brilliant attention to detail and decision making ability and be able to coordinate whilst motivating people which will be driven by excellent communication skills.
A full UK driving licence is essential and you will also be a Transport Manager Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) holder.
Jacksons is part of William Jackson Food Group, a sixth generation family business founded by William Jackson when he opened his first shop in Hull in September 1851. Today we have a portfolio of five food businesses in distinct, yet complimentary market areas, employing over 2,000 people. We also have a pub!
We have occupied the current site in Hull since 1907 and we now have 3 bread plants in our main bakery. We recently developed a second bakery, also at our site in Hull, which specialises in premium quality roll, wrap and ciabatta production.
We specialise in the supply of bread and other carriers to the sandwich manufacturers, foodservice and export channels, and in 2012 we launched our consumer facing brand “Jackson’s Yorkshire’s Champion”.
We’ve recently built a brand-new site in Corby, Northamptonshire – one of the largest investments our Group has ever made – and this will allow us to realise our ambition of being the best at what we do.
2019 is an exciting time to join us!
Please note that we reserve the right to close this recruitment campaign before the advertised closing date. As such, we advise you to submit your application at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.