We are currently looking to recruit a Logistics Manager to join our team in Skelmersdale.
Working 40 hours Sunday-Thursday
Excellent annual bonus scheme, 33 days’ holiday, Pension scheme, Free car park at site, Life assurance, Exclusive high street and online discounts, Private Healthcare, Employee Assistance & Support Programme, Paid charity volunteering day, excellent training & personal development opportunities and much more.
About Salads to Go
Salads to go is one of four UK based factories who are part of the wider European Agrial & Florette salad group. It is a well-established manufacturing facility based in Skelmersdale supplying pre packed bags and bowls of salad into the major retailers under their own label.
Main duties and responsibilities:
* Organise and manage all logistics operating activities
* Control all physical movements of goods out of the factory
* Provide a service to all customers external and internal
* Liaise with all relevant departments to achieve company objectives
* Promote quality ethic within the Department and ensure full compliance with quality management system
* Ensure all Critical Control Points (CCP) and loading procedures are correctly followed at all times
* Identify improvements in system and operations to work as effectively and efficiently as possible
* Ensure all staff are trained and competent in the tasks they are set
* Ensure all company disciplinary procedures, back to work interviews, performance reviews and conduct reviews are completed in line with process
* Attend daily production meetings and weekly business meetings as required
* Ensure company and statutory Health & Safety regulations and hygiene requirements are met all times
* Ensure that waste and recycling process is carried out in accordance with quality and hygiene standards
* Appraise and review team regularly in accordance with company programme
* Ensure all CCP and loading and unloading procedures are correctly followed at all times
* Any other reasonable requests as required by management
* Out of hours support where require
Skills and Experience:
* CPC Certification
* 5 years Logistics / Warehouse management experience, desirable experience in chilled foods
* Lean Manufacturing / ability to drive improvements
* Health and Safety qualification – desirable IOSH
* Mentoring / Coaching skills
* Communication and good interpersonal skills
If you would like to join our fantastic team and you have the skills required then we would love to hear from you, so please apply today!
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.