£31,000 - £35,000 plus benefits
We’re looking for an inspirational leader to join our Co-op Funeralcare and Life Planning team as a logistics manager. If you have the skills and ability we need, we can offer you a great opportunity to develop your career and make a real impact to the delivery and development of our service.
In this role, you’ll take overall responsibility for the co-ordination of funerals and the line management of operational teams. You’ll make sure all necessary resource is in the right place at the right time to enable the delivery of funerals to the highest possible standard. We’ll look to you to continually improve the operation as well as support the team with any hurdles they may face on a day to day basis. But, you don’t need to have come from the funeral industry to be successful in this job. However, we do need you to have a strong logistics background, with experience of coordinating various streams of activity in a dynamic environment.
What you’ll do:
• make sure everything and everyone is in the right place at the right time to deliver funerals, including; the respectful transfer of the deceased, the preparation of the coffin, the whereabouts of the vehicles, and much more
• engage all necessary colleagues effectively, making sure they’re involved and empowered as well as acting as a point of escalation for any logistical problems
• coach and develop a team of funeral service operatives, driver bearers and embalmers
• continually review and improve the logistics operation across your area
This role will suit people who have:
• inspirational leadership skills and a real passion for delivering the best possible client service
• a high attention to detail, and are used to working within a fast paced environment, handling lots of things at any one time
• confidence using both IT systems and manual methods of managing logistics
• the ability to think on your feet, whilst still being compassionate and empathetic
• the capability to carry out lifting and manual handling
• a driver’s license and the flexibility to travel
As a Co-op colleague you’ll do work that matters in an organisation where principles are just as important as profits. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• a competitive salary
• 23 days holiday (rising with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
• a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
Building an inclusive workplace
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.