Based in Stoke-on-Trent
£40,000 – £45,000
A high end global supplier of cutting edge capital equipment in the security sector are looking for a talented Logistics Manager. To lead the Logistics and export processes to enable the export of products to challenging locations.
The company- Logistics Manager – Staffordshire
My client works in security sector manufacturing and designing highly advanced products. They also work in defence sectors working quite closely with the military as their innovative and high tech equipment is very successful in supporting that industry.
The role – Logistics Manager – Staffordshire
The main part of your role is to manage all the export documentation/licencing, as well as the transport of high value low volume goods to problematic destinations. Also to look to improve and implement and procedures and processes to improve efficiency of storage and dispatch of goods to be able to meet what’s required of the production schedule. This includes:
* Maintain and create new relationships with freight/logistics suppliers
* To have awareness and analyse factors such as cost of warranty, transportation, inventory
* To ensure warehouse meets the customer requirements
* Import and export compliance and dealing with the required documentation
* Mange, mentor and develop a team
Experience and skills:
* Knowledge of supply chain management systems such as Navision or ERP/MRP or SAP etc
* Global logistics experience extensive knowledge regards export and the regulations and legal compliance.
* Experience in handling large goods (high value low volume)
* Experience in developing clear and up to date procedural documentation
* Logistics management experience be able to manage and motivate a team
* Great communication skills written and verbally
* Understands and implements health and safety procedures
* Good time management
* Experience in dangerous goods be advantage not compulsory
If this position suits your expertise’s and experience or you feel that current company is not giving you the progression opportunities you deserve please click ‘APPLY NOW’ to start your application
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.