Site Logistics Manager
Kepak Group is a young, professional and dynamic business that has grown into one of Europe’s leading food processing companies. At the core of this success has been our belief in developing strong customer relationships through a partnership approach. We pride ourselves on our dedication to innovation, brand management, consumer focus and an unwavering commitment to food safety.
Reporting to the General Manager, we are currently recruiting for a Site Logistics Manager that will be responsible for the logistics team and activity within the St Merryn Merthyr site.
* Mentor logistics teams- responsible for ensuring appropriate structures are in place within the logistics departments (end of production lines to the customer)
* Management and implementation of group and site-based transport and logistics strategies
* In-bound: Supplier to the delivery destination
* Inter-Site: Sites to storage locations
* Intra-Site: Site to Site
* Outbound: Sites to Customer
* Set and achieve logistics cost targets and budgets for the site
* Stock Management
* Receiving/storage / Issuing to Customer (Manufacturing units)
* 3rd Party Supplier Management, selection & contract negotiation
* Service Management, single point of contact/ownership – Logistics
* Loss identification and root cause analysis
* Managing consolidated storage unit for Kepak UK
* SOP development and implementation
* Health and Safety adherence and improvement
* Accuracy and integrity of S.I system
* System / Process improvement
* Management of all internal transport including sourcing, contract negotiation, and internal training.
* Training, mentoring and people development
* Develop CI projects and deliver as assigned
Transport Cost per kg/ per unit
On time delivery
Labour performance and H&S targets
Annual continuous improvement to target for the logistics function per annum
3PL Supplier performance
Ability to demonstrate effective leadership and people management techniques.
Strong communication/interpersonal skills.
Good project management skills.
Good planning & organisational skills.
Previous experience in a similar position would be a distinct advantage.
Experience in an FMCG environment would be an advantage.
Initial work Programme
Restructure of Logistics team to support execution of Site Operations Strategy
Implementation of a distribution centre for Kepak UK
Set up a management system for delivery of logistics KPI
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.