A growing manufacturing business based North of Derby are currently recruiting for a Logistics Manager on a permanent basis. Reporting directly to the Finance & Commercial Manager you will be responsible for managing transportation of material and related documentation.
Duties will include:
* Ensuring on time delivery of material to the customer
* Management of transportation of material from suppliers
* Management of all transport requirements
* Managing the transportation service and advice to sales team for quotation and contracting purposes
* Identification of new transport solutions to ensure ongoing efficiency and cost effectiveness
* Completion and timely presentation of accurate documentation
* Managing effective cost management
* Monitoring development and maintenance of external freight forwarder and transport agent relationships
* Maintain sales contract database
* Implement and maintain smooth sales and delivery workflow by utilising business systems
* Develop and maintain database of suppliers, capabilities and pricing
* Preparing and submitting quarterly input processing relief returns
* Raising and reviewing sales invoices
* Reviewing and maintaining company utility contracts
You will be able to lead and motivate others as well as deliver coaching, training and development to colleagues. Strong attention to detail is a must, as is excellent customer service skills and previous experience within a similar position.
The role is paying up to £40,000 dependant on experience. Hours of work are 9.00 am to 5.00 pm, Monday to Friday, 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.