Sector: Packaging Distribution
Location: Milton Keynes
Package: Basic Salary £38,000, plus Bonus
& other excellent PLC Company Benefits
Hours: 40 across Monday-Friday Only
Macfarlane Group PLC is the UK's largest packaging distributor and we are seeking to urgently hire an experienced Logistics Manager to assume responsibility at our fast-paced distribution centre based in Milton Keynes. As a business, we are passionate about providing fully integrated and innovative packaging solutions augmented by outstanding customer service. As a Group we are continuing to grow significantly and always keen to attract talented new individuals to our business.
Logistics Manager role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Logistics Manager in Milton Keynes. This is a high focused-role, providing a wonderful opportunity for the right person to make a real impact. We believe that our logistics strategy plays a fundamental role in the success of our business; we have state of the art support systems and facilities, ensuring a first-class distribution service is provided to our customers. This senior role will be pivotal in ensuring the continued success of the Milton Keynes site, being responsible for delivering operational excellence and ensuring KPIs are exceeded.
Logistics Manager Key Duties
Reporting to the Regional Business Manager, key duties and responsibilities of the role include:
- Full responsibility for all warehousing & transport at site (managing a 58,000 square foot warehouse and running a fleet of 4 LGV vehicles)
- Lead, motivate and develop the logistics team to ensure all duties are fulfilled to the required standards and within health and safety requirements
- Ensure the on-time delivery (in good condition) of the correct product
- Responsibility for the receipt, storage and dispatch of all materials purchased/requisitioned for stock and to our customer requirements
- Schedule deliveries to our Customers by our own vehicles or outside carriers to achieve a 24/48 hr delivery service by the most cost-effective method
- Effective management of the logistics budget, provision of management reports as required
- Control the use of the warehouse to ensure maximum use of space, keeping stock at optimum levels
- To ensure, where applicable, that the legal requirements of our "O" license are complied with.
Do you have the correct profile?
Successful candidates will have a distribution background with proven experience in line with the above duties and responsibilities. You will be results oriented and target driven individual, possessing the leadership skills required to maximise the full potential of your team. You will have a real team spirit and be able to build relationships with internal and external partners, possessing excellent communication skills.
In return we offer a competitive basic starting salary along with an attractive performance/profit linked bonus scheme), and a flexible employee benefits scheme that includes: 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), additional holiday purchasing scheme, contributory pension, childcare vouchers & employee discount scheme. Macfarlane Group is also dedicated to maximising every employee's potential, by providing career development plans and pathways in an environment that fosters personal growth and continuous improvement.
This is a key appointment whereby the successful applicant will be asked to commence in January 2019. We will be taking the next couple of months to identify and meet locally with the best available candidates. To make an application please simply click 'apply' ensuring that your CV is up to date and relevant. Please note that all shortlisted candidates can expect to hear back from us within ten working days of making their application. If you do not therefore hear back within that timeframe, please assume that your application has not been successful on this particular occasion.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.