Our client based in the Portsmouth area requires an experienced Logistics Manager.
To ensure the smooth running, health & safety and profitability of the depot. Other duties will include
meeting all onsite and vehicle legal requirements. He/she should have an intuitive ability to clearly communicate their ideas at all levels in the organization and to external customers. A firm grasp of key performance indicators, their collation, interpretation and presentation. Robust management skills to successfully manage and steer the depot personnel.
To expedite the Operational Management of the depots Logistics and Warehousing functions. Setting and maintaining high standard in quality and performance, meeting all objectives, deadlines set and instilling firm leadership and direction to his/her team.
- Ensure the health and safety of all staff, contractors and visitors to site
- To motivate and encourage excellence within staff
- Recruiting (of direct-reporting staff)
- Assessing and appraising (direct-reporting staff)
- Ensuring optimum use of resources, drivers, hiring and de-hiring vehicles
- Managing (direct-reporting staff), approving timesheets, develop staff, processes and procedures, staff coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Planning and organizing depot workloads
- Managing information or general administration support
- Monitoring, evaluating and reporting Depot KPI`s
- Evaluating and decision-making
- Depot financial budgeting and control
- Quality control
- Project manage
- Ensures all associated legal requirements are met
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidentialtics
- Ensure that depot checks and warehouse stock checks are conducted in accordance with procedures
- Ensure all employees comply with the company`s written procedures, processes and instructions
- In-depth Knowledge of transport and warehouse operations with at least 5 years` experience
- PC literate in WMS, routing system, Word & Excel
- CPC National (Not essential)
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.