Our well-established client based in Hoddesdon is recruiting a Logistics Manager to join their busy team. This is a full time position with a salary of around £30,000- £40,000 depending on experience, this role will be reporting to the Director of Operations. The working hours are 37.5 hrs per week, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm and 8:30 am – 15:45 pm on Friday. Holiday 24 days rising to 25 after 5 years, ability to buy up to additional 3 days.
Purpose of Job:
To monitor and control stock levels, ensuring current and future projects and initiatives are taken into account. Ensure components are available to Engineering and Assembly areas on time and in the correct format to support lean manufacturing principles. Drive the Lean philosophy through-out the team.
* Manage and develop the Goods In, Despatch and Logistics Teams;
* Use IT systems to manage stock levels, delivery times and transport costs;
* Use data from IT systems to evaluate performance and quality and to plan improvements;
* Allocate and manage staff resources according to changing needs.
* Develop and sustain employees training including improvement concepts
* Analyse logistical problems and introduce solutions.
* Plan, execute and manage projects to completion using the continuous improvement process.
* Plan future capacity requirements.
* Brief team leaders on a daily basis.
* Review opportunities, automated storage and retrieval systems
* Produce reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
* Undertake such additional tasks and duties as may be required.
* You must be systems, process and service driven with proven experience of logistics and Goods In;
* You will be innovative and a problem solver;
* You will be a great communicator and listener;
* You will have proven experience of managing a team;
* You will be organised and calm under pressure;
* You will be a good team player with a good sense of humour.
Experience and key requirements:
* A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role;
* Good understanding of a relevant CRM system
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.