Are you a dynamic, people focused Logistics Manager who is able to lead the full logistics operation from office based logistics teams to distribution functions? The successful candidate for the role of Logistics Manager will be based out of Colchester. On offer is a competitive salary of £50,000.
This 3PL is a fast growing and ambitious distribution company with some of the largest FMCG contracts in the UK.
As Logistics Manager you will have responsibility for ensuring the efficient running of the logistics operation at their Colchester depot. Working together with the full office planning and administration team you will make sure the product is delivered to it's destination in a safe and time critical manner ensuring customers and contract SLA expectations are met. You will set your team up so that they are self sufficient during your absence. Your duties will include:-
• Managing and ensuring that the customers requirements are met at all times
• Leading and supporting the tender process with new and existing customers
• Recognising opportunities for service level improvement and implementing them
• Delivery of effective transport performance
• Implementation of a highly effective operating system
• Control reports managed and processes managed effectively
• Achievement of growth and profit targets
• Delivery of cost savings
• Development of internal relationships across the group
• Development of strong relationships with customers
To apply for the position of Logistics Manager you must have at least 3 years managerial experience within transport in a fast paced, high volume distribution environment.
• Resilient Manager who likes to take ownership of the job in task
• People skills – very process driven and strong soft skills.
• Continuous improvement
• The ability to communicate with Stakeholders.
• Experience of contract management.
• Engaging man management style
• No fail attitude
• Able to cope with pressure in a positive manner
• Flexible with approach to work
Package Benefits and Prospects
On offer is a salary up to £50,000 plus benefits. This is an opportunity to join a company that encourages development within its workforce
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.