A Global company is seeking a confident and ambitious Logistics Manager to join the growing team in their head office. This role offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits with the opportunity of progression.
As the Logistics Manager you will be responsible for:
- Managing and developing the Logistics Assistants within their department
- Identifying cost saving opportunities and creating operational plans for implementation
- Carrying out supplier site assessments and implementing any special requirements
- Obtaining and verifying transport rates from service providers to determine the best option
- Liaising with the Warehouse and Distribution Managers to assist with cost saving opportunities
- Conducting audits in relation to movement of consignments, temperature and delivery timescales
- Reviewing transportation routes to ensure they are cost effective
- Monitoring costs for fuel, freight and currency exchange
The successful candidate for the role of Logistics Manager will have:
- Previous experience within a Management role with similar responsibilities
- Good knowledge of managing costs and budgets
- Strong communication and leading skills
- Qualifications at degree level would be desirable
In return the Logistics Manager will receive a basic salary of £50,000 – 60,000.
To apply for the job click apply and send us your CV.
Please Note: We do not contact or write to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not heard anything from us within 48 hours of your application, you should presume that your application was unsuccessful. By applying for this vacancy, you are giving permission for Midas Recruitment to contact you and retain your details
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.