A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Logistics Manager to oversee a busy Accident Repair operation. Your main duties will be to look after the courtesy cars, drivers, help to implement and run the Maxoptra software and to handle the de-fleet for Courtesy cars.
MAIN JOB FUNCTION
a) Plan, develop, organise, direct, manage & evaluate the operations and budget of the logistics department and services of the company.
• Set policies & standards, including determination of health & safety procedures & ensure compliance with transport regulations.
• Oversee the planned maintenance of all company vehicles including servicing, routine checks, sale and replacement of trucks, company cars & courtesy cars.
• Direct, assign, monitor and review the work of the Drivers including appraisals & training process, rates of pay, expenses, mobile phones, petrol cards, uniform, speeding fines, holiday, holiday & sickness cover, temps & bank staff allocation.
• Monitor & overview the booking diary liaising with Team Leaders and Customer Liaison Managers to ensure best time management is achieved consistently.
• Create, manage & achieve the overall logistics department financial budget establishing key performance indicators, monitoring of performance & improve performance of set goals.
• Manage contractor & sub contractor hiring activities, reviewing proposals, developing performance specifications and serving as liaison between departments and businesses.
• Develop and lead improvements to the infrastructure of the logistics department by staying informed of technology advancements, collaborating with staff, senior management and decision makers to share information, problem solve and drive change.
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
• Proficient in standard business office software
• Excellent oral & written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to lead & manage staff
• Proven track record of logistics management in similar role
• Excellent analytical, problem solving & organisational skills
• Operators license preferred but not essential (work towards achieving).
For more info, please contact Louis Raven on (Apply online only)
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.