Oadby Plastics Ltd are the ‘UK’s leading independent plastics supplier’ with almost 50 years of experience in the manufacturing and distribution industry. Our business isn’t simply about product; it’s about people. Our family values allow us to remain focused on growth and the ambitions of our employees by supporting progressive career paths.
Position: Logistics Manager
Location: Leicester Head Office
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.00pm (Flexibility is required to suit the needs of the role and the business)
Benefits: 30 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays); Company Car; Company pension; Company bonus scheme; Life assurance; Free car parking; Full induction programme; Training and development opportunities.
Closing Date: 8th September 2018
About the role:
Oadby Plastics occupies over 200,000 square feet of modern warehouse facilities at four locations. As part of our progressive plan, we are currently seeking an experienced Logistics Manager to run and develop both the Warehouse and Transport operations. The ideal candidate will bring passion and knowledge to managing an expanding UK logistics business, whilst supporting and developing a hardworking team.
- Taking a hand-on approach to managing people and processes
- Plan, coordinate and monitor the receipt, storage and dispatch of goods
- Keep stock control systems up to date and make sure quality control is maintained
- Evaluate performance and quality to plan continued improvements
- Organise the recruitment and training of staff, as well as monitoring staff performance and progress via appraisals, KPI’s and PDP’s
- Liaise with the group, customers, and suppliers as required
- Provide regular reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- A successful proven track record of managing a large Logistics, Distribution and Transport Operation
- Experience of leading, developing and managing teams whilst taking a hands-on management approach
- Strategic and operational planning experience
- Possession of the relevant logistics and supply chain qualifications
- Background in engineering, manufacturing or construction sectors would be desirable but not essential
- Fork lift truck licences and HGV licences would be an advantage
You may have experience of the following: Logistics Manager, Logistics Controller, Transport Manager, Transport Coordinator, Logistics Team Leader, Supply Chain Manager, Distribution Manager, Supply Chain, Logistics, Operations Manager, Transport, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.