My client is a well established construction management business with a major project in the Caribbean. They are looking for a logistics manager to join their site based team to deal with the following;
· Coordinate and update Island Construction Logistics Plan. Identify location of construction storage, temporary access / egress routes, fire and emergency planning and associated construction warning systems.
· Sustainability and Environmental Control. Identify and provide segregated material storage including bunding and control of spillage. Develop, Coordinate and maintain along with Construction and Project Manager a COSHH register for the project. Develop and implement a waste management strategy which enhance waste recycling and reduce waste going to the tip.
· Liaise with the Procurement, Sub contractors and Operational teams to schedule and forecast deliveries of materials, plant and equipment in a Coordinated manner ensuring efficient use of Barging and Logistics resources
· Liaise with Suppliers and shippers. Track and expedite were possible the shipping and importation of materials, plant and equipment for construction.
· Liaise with Procurement team to schedule out and forecast deliveries.
· Liaise with Customs and Coordinate Barge deliveries to the island along with existing Operation staff
· Instigate and maintain a control and audit process for directly owned assets (plant, equipment, tools, materials and fuel).
· Prepare and issue weekly Plant and Transport reports highlighting under utilisation
· Manage and supervise On hire / Off hire of plant, equipment and transport with local suppliers. Review and approve invoice charges for Hired Plant, equipment and transport.
· Produce weekly plant and equipment reports.
· Instigate a preventative maintenance plan of regular inspection testing and maintenance regime.
· Control and supervise on site stores
* Excellent Salary
* Health Care
If you would like to discuss this role in further detail please contact me ASAP to discuss. My client is looking to organise Skype interviews ASAP.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.