End-to-end Logistics Manager required to join a leading, Global Tier 1 automotive manufacturer. You will be responsible for ensuring the plant meets its manufacturing and customer production plans by planning and scheduling production and via its suppliers, procurement of all required materials.
In addition, you will maintain and update the control of modifications and new product Bill of material, including the planning, management and execution of customer and product samples.
The position has responsibility of onsite storage, material movement and distribution warehouse, the maintenance and updating of accurate materials status so as to ensure informed decision making regarding inventory management strategies. Finally, the responsibility for budgetary management, design and management of supplier and customer packaging to ensure product availability and integrity is maintained.
* Managing a team of circa 50 providing direction and strong leadership. Responsible for their motivation, training, personal development, setting of objectives and reporting
* Co-ordination of department activities / allocate resource & prioritise workload to ensure customer requirements are met by accurate planning of manufacturing facilities, procurement and availability of supplied parts whilst maintaining and improving inventory and key supply chain management targets.
* Ensure regular reviews to identify sales, supply and inventory performance via key measures of performance and identify action plans to recover any non conformance.
* Attend supplier and customer meetings to review of implement improvement plans
* Develop and implement strategies and plans / opportunities for the removal of excess goods and materials to meet financial targets
* Regular reviews of production outputs against targets, capacity planning to ensure customer and production plans are communicated and assessed.
* Regular planned meetings with suppliers to review improvement opportunities in improving logistics whilst reducing inventories and costs
* Identify supplier and customer logistics protocols, inventory management, communication processes and packaging are in place and meet timing and budgetary requirements
* Develop, manage and execute Lean logistics processes within both the internal and external supply chains eg Kanban, pull supply processes, SAP/MRP systems for planning and supplier scheduling.
* Contribute to all NPI activities and ensure transport, packaging and supply chain processes are in place to meet project cost and timing requirements.
* An end-to-end Logistics Manager, suitably qualified, with experience of managing all logistics within a high volume manufacturing environment (electronics manufacturing/assembly-ideal)
* Experience of managing complex supply chains would be ideal.
* Chartered Institute of Transport and Logistics preferred
* Knowledge of electronic systems and their application would be an advantage
* Experience in project management and leadership
* Ability to think quickly and manage changing demands to meet the needs of the business.
A package of up to circa £80,000 per annum with a large range of benefits is being offered. This is a leading Company in its field with an excellent reputation. If you want a challenging role then please contact me for more details
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.