Title: Logistics Manager
Location: Gloucester, Gloucestershire
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
Nicholas Associates Professional (Engineering & Technical) is recruiting on behalf of a long-standing client for Logistics Manager to join one of the world’s largest manufacturing groups, based at one their plant in Gloucester.
This is a really exciting opportunity for individuals that are looking to make a real change within a growing business, backed with the support of a dynamic and forward-thinking leadership team this is a real chance to build a career with a highly reputable employer.
* Part of one of the world’s largest manufacturing groups, our client spans over 40 different countries. The business specialises in the production of a range of specialist metal components for Automotive, Rail, Construction and Medical sectors.
* The UK arm of the business has enjoyed a period of sustained growth and investment.
* A wealth of global resource in terms of training and development through both internal and external training schemes.
Strategically design, implement, plan and manage logistics, warehouse, transportation and customer services operations.
* Direct, optimize and coordinate full order cycle
* Liaise and negotiate with suppliers
* Resolve any arising problems or complaints
* Supervise, coach and train warehouse workforce
* Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets
* Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements
SKILLS & EXPIRENCE
* Applicants must be able to demonstrate a background in supply chain, logistics or distribution within a highly demanding sector. Experience working within a Manufacturing is preferred and is a distinct advantage.
* Strong working knowledge of Lean Tools such as 5s and Kaizen.
* Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff
* Excellent analytical, problem solving and organisational skills
SALARY & BENEFITS
* Salary of £30,000 to £35,000 depending on experience
* Industry leading benefits and rewards package.
* An exciting position in an interesting innovative area with a growing, international company.
* The opportunity to gain work experience in different cultures.
If you are interested in Logistics Manager role, please apply as soon as possible as interviews are due to take place within the coming weeks. If you have any questions at all, please contact Danny Faulkner of Nicholas Associates (Apply online only).
Nicholas Associates Professional is a highly respected industry leading professional recruitment agency specialising exclusively in Executive Search and Selection, Construction, Engineering and Technical, and Finance and Accountancy roles across the UK and internationally. Working with many of the UK's most well-known client brands, we are passionate about matching the best talent to the best roles.
Nicholas Associates Professional is part of Nicholas Associates Group, a market leading partner of choice for talent management solutions, from Apprentice to Boardroom. For us, it's all about enabling people to be their best.
To find out more about us please visit (url removed)
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.