Construction Logistics Manager – Starting February 2019 –Pay £(Apply online only) per day– Birmingham
We are currently looking for a Logistics Manager for a project in the centre of Birmingham, starting in February 2019 for 6-8 months. The ideal candidate will have worked on large scale projects and be confident in the below:
* Plan site set-up to move labour, plant, and materials around site efficiently.
* Plan internal and external logistics routes through the project phases focusing on separation of vehicles, machinery and people. Lay down areas and offloading points.
* Pre-plan the usage of key assets such as hoists to ensure planned assets meet the needs of the program.
* Create operational procedures and method statements
* Responsible for all traffic management internally and externally
Supply chain management:
* Describe the characteristics of the site, including site access /egress, storage capacity and arrangement by programme, labour, hoists, cranes etc
* Use the description to produce daily, weekly and long-term movements plans
* Understand procurement arrangements
* Control materials in and out of site.
* Plan and integrate with key contractors to meet the needs of the planned programme
* Assist in the evaluation of potential logistic suppliers and appropriate delivery management booking systems.
* Be capable of managing sub-contractors to deliver their package of goods or services
* Variation control and early communication of foreseeable change
* Commercial/contract basic understanding
* Utilise business management system procedures.
* Record keeping and key performance indicator (KPI) production.
* Traffic Marshall/Banksman Ticket
* First Aid Certificate
If you are interested in this role, please call Andy or Beth at Anderselite on 01212005520
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website at (url removed)/non-discrimination-policy
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.