Logistics Manager required for a 2-3 month temporary contract in Baginton, Warwickshire.
Your duties as Logistics Manager are;
* Have overall responsibility for the logistical requirements of the project and to lead by example, managing the day to day delivery of logistics plan
* Ensure all team members are fully inducted and carry out role specific requirements, identifying opportunities for improvement
* Be responsible for the safety and welfare of the general public, staff and supply chain within area of control under the strict observance of the safety policy and in conjunction with local HSE
* Carry out periodic Safety & Environment Tours as required by the Project H & S Plan
* Manage sub-contractors, including monitoring of contractor attendance and progress, providing direct instruction and support as necessary, such that contractual arrangements are achieved
As an experienced Logistics Manager you will;
* Have a successful track record in managing project logistical requirements within a construction, or a construction related environment
* Be able to clearly communicate the requirements of a safe system of work to ensure that these are followed accurately, and have experience in implementing systems improvements
* Be capable of taking ownership of tasks and communicating outcomes with clarity; experienced at encouraging direct reports to do the same and managing a team to ensure tasks are carried out effectively and key messages cascaded
* Have the ability to work under pressure to deadlines, and have a flexible attitude towards work in order to deal with a variable and demanding workload
* Hold a CSCS Card and be SMSTS qualified; you must be willing to become First Aid qualified
Rate: £18 - £20 Depending on experience.
Monday to Friday - 1.5 after the first 10 hours of work
Saturday - 1.5 after the first 5 hours of work
Sunday - 1.5 for the full 10 hour shift
NO CHARGE FOR PAYROLL!! - CTRL do not believe in their employees paying a fee each week for their money to be paid into their accounts - We therefore offer a free payroll service to all our employees - We will pay the £15 weekly fee on your behalf!!
Please call Simon or send a CV to apply
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.