The Role: Logistics Manager – Supply Chain Manager – Imports Manager
Salary: £45-50k + bonus + excellent benefits
Our client is an importer of fresh produce who provide a pivotal link in the supply chain between their clients and the public supplying a seamless logistics service. Their reputation and success has been built on exemplary customer service and due to their continued growth they are looking for logistics manager to join their busy team in the Warwickshire area and lead and develop the logistics team. This is an exciting opportunity to be play a key part in a successful, strong and growing business.
The Role of Logistics Manager
* As our Logistics Manager you will manage, train and develop the logistics team.
* As our Logistics Manager you will organise and oversee the full inbound and outbound logistics function through sea and road freight ensuring a seamless service, keeping in touch and track of the full process.
* You will coordinate and manage 3rd party logistics providers.
* This is a client facing role exemplary customer service is essential, you will liaise and communicate with our clients throughout the logistics process.
* You will build positive relations with our third party logistics providers and co-ordinate through them the work load.
* You will work closely with our technical team to organise storage and distribution, including liaising with external contractors.
* You will develop positive working relationship and co-ordinate with our remotely based quality team.
The Successful Logistics Manager
* The ideal Logistics Manager will have previous experience in a busy logistics role, sea and road freight sector ideal but we are open to general haulage or freight forwarders, you will be a logistic professional with the ability to demonstrate you are experienced in a busy client facing logistics role is key.
* Your organisation skills will be second to none.
* It would be advantageous to have experience of Import and Export HMRC Processes.
* You will have the ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure to a very high standard.
* The ideal logistics manager will have experience working in logistics ideally from a fresh produce sector, however we are open to all sectors.
* It would be advantageous if the Logistics Manager spoke European languages other than English, however this is desirable and not essential.
* The ideal candidate will have a positive, cheery and can do personality and attitude - team fit is –key, you will enjoy working in a small team environment.
* This role would suit an individual who is keen to develop themselves as our business also grows and we are open to considering a logistics professional looking for the next step up in their career
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.