Our client, a global leading manufacturer and distributor of products to the rehabilitation and sports medicine are looking for a Logistics Manager to join their warehouse and distribution centre in Huthwaite.
The main objective of the role is to manage the International DC operation to deliver exceptional service in line with customer expectation, whilst maintaining costs within set budgets.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Manage the warehouse and production teams to ensure that the operation runs efficiently with quality results
• Generate and implement plans to improve throughput, capacity and productivity, whilst reducing errors and damages
• Ensure that the warehouse operation is compliant to the relevant quality standards set by LRQA, the MHRA and any other regulatory body
• Lead and deliver logistics projects that reduce cost and/or improve operational efficiency
• Manage distribution partners to ensure they achieve key SLA KPI’s
• Monitor spend levels and reduce costs to deliver budgeted figures
• Negotiate supplier pricing and quotations to obtain the most cost-effective solution
• Analysis of data through interpretation, extrapolation & investigation to continuously improve customer service
• Work with existing and prospective customers to develop ’best practice’ in logistics, inventory control and other internal processes
• Liaise with the Sales team to deal efficiently with any customer issues / requests, and generate a rectification / action plan to maintain excellent service levels
• Responsible for producing and achieving KPI’s relating to the quality of the orders picked and despatched
• Provide guidance and direction to all team members to support their objectives
• Undertake the development and training of all direct reports to maintain an effective, flexible and transferable skill base.
• Undertake as necessary, investigations and/or disciplinary procedures to effectively manage the staff within the logistics operation.
• Communicate good housekeeping and operational standards throughout the logistic operation
• Liaise with other departments and managers to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the business
• Interrogate the Warehouse Management System to extract data to support decision making
• Assist in development of WMS and other IT related projects to ensure smooth implementation Develop the Warehouse Management System in line with operational demands so as to maximise efficiency
The ideal candidate must show integrity, passion, collaboration, passion, innovation and determination.
The successful candidate must have the following knowledge, experience and competencies
• Extensive warehouse / logistics management experience in fast-moving distribution environments
• Strong and proven negotiation skills to maintain solid relationships with key suppliers
• Strategic thinker that can plan ahead and think ‘outside of the box’
• Excellent IT skills with experience using Microsoft and ERP NetSuite or similar
• Able to analyse data and review trends
• Experience of leading and developing teams
• Strong decision making skills that are required for a business to grow and develop in a tough market place
• Ability / experience of challenging existing practise
• PC literate, numerate and Logical
Regular days Monday to Friday however an element of flexibility would be required.
Offering a competitive salary of up to £45,000 dependant on experience.
For this fantastic opportunity to permanently join a reputable and growing company, please send your CV to (url removed) or call Charlotte Turner on (phone number removed)
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.