Role: Logistics Manager
The construction logistics manager is responsible for all aspects of the logistics supply chain, stores management, development and optimisation of site logistics solutions to meet the needs of the project. The logistics manager will be required to manage the movement of people, goods and equipment at the construction site and control site facilities management.
Key interfaces that the logistics manager must ensure early engagement with are: the project planner; the commercial managers procuring the works and the senior construction manager on the site. The construction logistics manager should ensure that the construction team is fully aware of logistics activities in support of the build program.
* Plan site set-up to move labour, plant, and materials around site efficiently (eg hoarding, gates, site accommodation, cranes, hoists, security, temporary services, material delivery and waste management strategy, catering).
* Plan internal and external logistics routes through the project phases focusing on separation of vehicles, machinery and people. Lay down areas and offloading points.
* Pre-plan the usage of key assets such as hoists to ensure planned assets meet the needs of the program.
* Create a secure site
* Responsible for all traffic management internally and externally, weighbridges and road network cleanliness.
* Manage installation of site accommodation and manage these facilities
* Create operational procedures and method statements
* Organise site inductions, ensure induction records are securely stored.
* Create a schedule of logistics meetings and ensure logistics is represented at site meetings.
Supply chain management:
* Describe the characteristics of the site, including site access /egress, storage capacity and arrangement by programme, labour, hoists, cranes etc
* Use the description to produce daily, weekly and long term movements plans
* Understand procurement arrangements
* Control materials in and out of site.
* Plan and integrate with key contractors to meet the needs of the planned programme and de-confliction of onsite space and time where appropriate.
* Assist in the evaluation of potential logistic suppliers and appropriate delivery management booking systems.
* Be capable of managing sub-contractors to deliver their package of goods or services
* Variation control and early communication of foreseeable change
* Commercial/contract basic understanding
* Utilise business management system procedures.
* Record keeping and key performance indicator (KPI) production.
Desirable skills and competencies:
* A track record of delivery within a construction management or logistics function (over the past 3 years) that has led to performance improvement e.g. cost reduction, process/service enhancements, innovation, winning work etc.
* Personal commitment to promoting a sustainable approach to logistic procurement and supply chain development.
* Excellent communication skills that build empathy and support, engage with individuals at all levels, influence, promote.
* Intellectual capacity to deal with complex logistics issues, and to implement logistics and supply chain vision, strategy and priorities. A driver of performance improvement.
* IT skills (e.g. Powerpoint, Visio, Word, Excel)
* An inspirational manager that can get the best out of individuals and teams. Can build consensus, work in a matrix structure, deliver performance and outcomes, and drive the professional and personal development of team members.
* Manage suppliers: scaffolding, temporary electrics, plumbing, and welfare and office accommodation.
* Professional/lead by example.
* Passion/can do attitude/constructive challenge.
* To hold a proven track record of integrity and ethical behaviours.
* Open to change/new ideas.
* Share information.
* Customer focused
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.