We are looking for a Logistics Manager with either NVQ 6 or CSCS Black or
We have large projects running accross London and all travel will be paid
for. Hourly rate is £20.00 per hour but willing to negotiate for the
right person. The position is permanent with a strong healthy order book
The role of a Logistics Manager is to oversee and work with various
office and site-based supervisors/operatives to plan, organise and
implement the company’s logistical, Security and Waste Management
services and in doing so, be responsible for the due-diligent delivery of
these service’s in a professional manner, (whilst possibly working to
very demanding deadlines).
The role also requires that the management of the project within the
Logistics managers control is in accordance with the company’s standards
manual, and as such be expected to ensure that this as a minimum standard
is attained at all times.
It involves working closely and effectively with a team that may comprise
of all (or any) of the following: Site Operatives, Buyer, Client ,
Sub-Contractors on site, Contracts Manager, Quantity Surveyor /
Commercial Management, I.T. Manager, Traffic & Operations Manager, QHSE
Manager, Head of Security, Human Resources Manager, Health, Safety &
• Being responsible of the project to the project completion and
subsequent final account meetings.
• Understanding and being able to produce reports (both internally and
externally) of sufficient quality to represent / portray the company in a
professional manner at all times.
• Working closely with the companies Quantity Surveyor to ensure the
financial performance of the project is closely monitored and analysed on
a regular / ongoing basis.
• Being fully aware of the projects scope, and ensuring that its
requirements are met / conducted and provided within the budgetary
constraints of the company.
• Understanding the scope of service on our projects and monitor our
client’s specific needs & requirements to ensure these are fulfilled,
examples of which are; purposefully communicating with the client on a
regular basis, gaining regular feedback on the quality of the companies
service and identifying specific areas which may improve the service (or
perception of service) to the client.
• Representing the company at all times (For example – Site & maybe
senior management meetings, client financial and progress/review
• Managing of the project/s under the responsibility of the Contracts
Manager (in conjunction / with the support of the team mentioned above)
whilst also ensuring that all necessary internal documentation is
produced / distributed / actioned.
• Planning and management of each projects resource requirements
• Having detailed knowledge of the individual scope to each project under
the control of the Logistics Manager, and any ‘risk areas’ that form part
of that scope. / Ensuring that a formal ‘handover’ meeting takes place
with his Surveyor and Contracts manager – as a minimum, and all necessary
tools / information required is gained to effectively control each
• Ensuring supervisors & operatives are familiar with the individual
specifics of each project, sufficiently to effectively manage each
• Managing of the overall implementation and performance of the company’s
services (with the Contracts manager).
• Managing and monitoring of each project’s financial expenditure against
company budgetary targets and constraints – in conjunction with the
project surveyor / Contracts Manager.
• Reporting projects financial expenditure against company budgetary
targets (initiated by the project surveyor)
• Ensuring that communication is maintained to the client, (meetings,
reports and electronic media).
• Ensuring that effective communication is in place internally between
all office and site-based staff to maintain an efficient and good working
• Ensuring that the quality standards of the company are enforced to an
acceptable level and fully understood and implemented by the site
• Ensuring that the health, safety & environmental standards of the
company are enforced to an acceptable level and fully understood and
implemented by the site team.
Please send CV and Call John - (Apply online only)
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.