One of the UK's largest and independent Health & Wholefood Retailers has an exciting opportunity for a Logistics Manager in the Nottingham area, on a full time permanent basis.
You will take full ownership and responsibility for the cost, quality and performance of the day to day operation and act as the main point of contact for all operational matters and to provide leadership to the Operations Team daily.
In this role you will identify, develop and inspire Continuous Development opportunities whilst maintaining high levels of H&S and compliance and ensure that all staff is trained as required.
The successful candidate will ideally have FMCG experience, preferably with 5 years senior level warehouse management experience and two years transport/distribution experience.
You will ensure all processes are monitored and enforced, managing on-going process re-engineering to ensure the highest standards of customer service are achieved. You will have tight control of budgetary expenditure, seeking to find the lowest cost solution in all instances e.g. packaging and transport and also monitor all transport requirements and ensure that the most cost-effective solutions are employed whilst negotiating contracts and rates with all Carriers to ensure we maintain the best value and deliver a service to meet the customers’ expectations.
* Ensure customer service levels and expectations are met and that we process all orders as required.
* Manage the day to day functionality of the Warehouse & Despatch operation at the National Distribution Centre.
* Responsibilities include Goods Inwards, Pick, Pack and Despatch/Transport, Stock Control, Returns, & Stock Replenishment.
* Manage and develop and motivate a large team of over 60 Warehouse Operatives, Supervisors, Team Leaders and Transport through effective control over all operational KPI’s.
* Educated to a high standard along with industry qualifications or the desire to study.
* CPC International.
* IOSH ‘Managing Safely’ minimum.
* FLT – Counterbalance & Reach.
Salary for this opportunity is c£45k plus excellent benefits.
For immediate consideration send your CV without delay!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.