Adecco have a fantastic new opportunity to join a well-established prestigious company based in Thatcham – within the Automotive industry. Our client is looking for a Materials Planning & Logistics Manager with experience in Manufacturing and Logistics on a permanent basis. Working hours are Monday to Friday normal office hours. Starting in October with a salary range of £60,000 - £70,000 dependant on experience.
1 Responsible and accountable for the Materials Planning and Logistics Operation of our business.
2 To manage inventory, stock, distribution and replenishment planning of materials and products for our business.
1 People & budgetary management responsibility, providing leadership, management and coordination to the ‘make or buy’ planning, purchasing and inventory control departments.
2 To manage direct reports and work closely with the associated teams that deliver continuous improvement, added value and cost reduction
3 To ensure perpetual and annual stock checks are undertaken and audited.
4 To ensure that documented department processes are effective, efficient, regularly reviewed and enacted by all staff.
5 To ensure that product lead-times are understood and that strategies to manage are deployed and effective.
6 To analyse data and trends in order to develop replenishment and inventory reduction strategies.
7 To ensure that plans, schedules and performance metrics are developed, published and regularly reported.
8 To develop and encourage health, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
9 To prepare, hold and manage the annual MP&L budget and forecasts.
10 To complete regular performance reviews, manage attendance, holidays, disciplinary issues and procedures as appropriate for direct reports.
11 To work with the Operations Director to translate strategy into specific annual performance goals and departmental objectives.
12 To oversee and optimise costs in relation to packaging and shipping arrangements.
13 To ensure the performance of suppliers, logistics partners and transportation companies is understood and improved where possible.
14 To work collaboratively and engage with key stakeholders including Engineering, Finance, Commercial, Quality and our business. to facilitate delivery and compliance with the materials planning and logistics strategy.
15 To work collaboratively, negotiate and engage with suppliers to facilitate delivery and compliance with the materials planning and logistics strategy.
16 To ensure compliance with import/export regulations/customs regulations including dangerous goods shipment and aviation security, and legal and health and safety requirements.
17 To review environmental strategies that impact on future ways of operating and ensure implementation where possible.
18 To review the use of technological systems that support an environmentally friendly approach.
19 To undertake personnel development.
20 To observe Health and Safety rules at all times.
21 To follow Company Quality Procedures, Standards and Work Instructions.
22 To carry out reasonable duties as requested by Management.
Education, Qualifications and Training
* Educated to degree level (Masters desirable) in a relevant commercial or engineering discipline or equivalent NVQ qualification.
* Preferably a Member of The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport or similar.
* Appropriate qualification in logistics, supply chain management, transport management.
* Proven leadership and management skills with the ability to optimise team performance and development.
* Knowledge of raw materials, distribution of goods and manufacturing processes.
Strong IT systems knowledge including
* Previous experience of leading MP&L within an automotive and/or manufacturing environment with expert knowledge and understanding of automotive processes and components and of supply chain management
* Experience of managing a team of people, including performance management and goal setting.
* Experience of contributing to and taking part in audits- Desirable
Skills/Abilities (all Essential)
* Confidence in communication, interpersonal and influencing skills.
* Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to engage, negotiate and manage key stakeholders, customers and external providers.
* Results orientated with the ability to plan and prioritise multiple projects to deliver against objectives and deadlines.
* Project Management skills, preferably Prince 2.
* High attention to detail
* Commercially and financially astute with experience of managing budgets.
Special Requirements of the role
* Knowledge of lean techniques may be advantageous. Desirable
* Have awareness of APQP process according to automotive customer requirements.
Do you have experience in a similar role and all the relevant skills? If so apply today Adecco Newbury for more information. Please note: This position is based in Thatcham, please only apply if you are willing and able to work in this location.
All applications will be reviewed within five working days by one of our experienced consultants and successful applicants only will be contacted within that time frame. Please be assured that your details remain confidential and they will not be sent out to our client(s) until you have been contacted by us and have given us your consent, in accordance with REC guidelines.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information – please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://(url removed)/candidate-privacy
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.