We have been retained by a specialist Manufacturer of bespoke products to source a Materials, Logistics, Supply Chain Manager to head up their Supply Chain function. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who really wants to develop their career with an exciting and progressive company.
Heading up a team that includes Material Planners/Expeditors, Dispatch, Stores and Logistics, you will be responsible for championing the Materials/Supply Chain function. You will take responsibility for the material flow from suppliers, through the warehouse, to production and onto the customer. Reporting to the Operations Director you will be responsible for:
* Managing the end to end Supply Chain from supplier through to customer
* Managing the suppliers to ensure OTIF to the manufacturing operation
* Managing the 3PL to ensure OTIF to customer
* Improving the accuracy of the data in the ERP/MRP/WMS
* Implementing and sustaining high standards in terms of working processes and practices to ensure more accurate data and visibility for the Supply Chain department
* Coaching and mentoring the existing team in order to improve performance and efficiency
* Attending and reporting at daily and weekly meetings to ensure a clear and transparent flow of information regarding material flow
* Working collaboratively with other departments (specifically manufacturing and customer services)
Currently in a Materials or Supply Chain Management position, you will be experienced in managing the full, end to end Supply Chain in a fast paced, short lead time manufacturing environment. Ideally you will have experience in working in an SME manufacturer where you have worked collaboratively with other departments. Improvement driven and with a strong coaching and leadership style with experience of change management, you will be looking for a role to develop and progress your career further. Analytical, engaging, proactive and driven will all be part of your behavioural profile.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to join an established, secure and growing manufacturer in order to progress their career. This role offers immediate challenge as well as the opportunity to be involved, and lead, group wide projects. Offering an attractive starting salary of between £45,000 and £50,000 alongside an excellent benefits package
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.