This is an exciting opportunity to work within our Risk Engineering Casualty & Motor Practice as a Motor Fleet Risk Consultant.
This is an ideal role for a fleet safety risk professional or a safety practitioner with a strong motor risk background and a broad range of experience who is looking for a new and exciting challenge.
In this role the successful candidate will enjoy a varied, challenging and rewarding workload, a great deal of autonomy, and will benefit from working with an experienced and high performing team, utilising cutting edge Risk Engineering technology.
Responsibilities in this role include;
- Undertaking a range of risk surveys, consultancy and training services
- Producing high quality professional reports – providing best practice advice to customers and underwriters
- Providing training, mentoring and leadership on complex, specialist and/or high risk Motor Fleet risk topics, disciplines and/or industry sectors
- Complete research into technical areas and provide up to date information for colleagues
- Lead programmes of loss investigations for intricate and complicated risks to determine contributing factors and loss lessons for complex operations
- Acting as an Account engineer to co-ordinate major UK and/or global service programmes in large, complex and/or corporate businesses
- To support and enhance our Group Underwriting and customer propositions
- The delivery of fee earning and underwriter services
- Collaborates with customers and business partners to develop advanced service plans
- The update and custody of technical manuals and internal procedures
- The development of innovative solutions, services and products
- The promotion of risk management advice through internal stakeholders, customers and the media
- Manage the relationships, development and risk profile improvement for a significant portfolio of Major clients
- The development of business opportunities in relation to the growth of fee income
- Represent Zurich at internal and external Industry and Trade Association events and committees
Your skills and experience:
- Extensive/expert experience (& knowledge) of working in an industry with a large Fleet, desirable to be a mix of vehicles including Car, LCV and/or LGV.
- Knowledge and understanding of the fleet accreditation bodies - FORS, CLOCS, RHA, FTA.
- A proven track record of quantifiable success in Fleet Risk Management
- A dedicated team player with a “can-do” approach to their work
- Good knowledge of project management tools and techniques
- Understanding of the principles and practices of the insurance industry, relevant to the role
- Extensive technical knowledge of current and emerging fleet related risks.
- Bachelor´s degree and/or equivalent industry experience in a related field.
- Relevant experience in the assessment of risk, based on what is required by Line of Business, Motor, specific competency standards.
In return we are offering an attractive salary plus a generous benefits package including bonus and defined contribution pension scheme. We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities.
Who we are:
Looking for a career that will excite, challenge and inspire you? Thinking about insurance? Perhaps you should. Working for us is a totally different experience to what you probably expect. How do you feel about the things you truly love? Don’t you want to protect them in the best way possible? Imagine if you could help people do this all over the world. You’d give them confidence and reassurance by protecting what they love most. This is no easy task. In today’s interconnected world, tackling risk is fast, unpredictable and invigorating. You’ll have to think on your feet as you manage risks big and small, from flooding to cyber crime. You’ll be tackling issues like these in over 170 countries. It’s a big challenge, but you’ll have a truly diverse network helping you. As part of an international team, every day would provide opportunities to learn, grow and share ideas.
As you make an impact across borders, you’ll feel the support of being part of a strong and stable company. A long-standing player in the insurance industry, we make every effort to address the career development needs and plans of our employees to ensure their success in the future.
At Zurich, we aim to have a diverse mix of employees that reflects our customers and the communities in which we live and work. Our diversity and inclusion initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome, regardless of age, gender, religion, ability, culture, sexual orientation or mental health status. Our approach ensures that Zurich is a place that values different opinions, respects personal needs, and provides equal opportunities for all. We're also happy to consider flexible working arrangements and welcome applications from everyone.
To apply for this role please follow this link: https://insurance-careers.taleo.net/careersection/zurich_ext_cs/jobdetail.ftl?job=170007Y1&lang=en