We are current recruiting for an experienced Night Network Manager for a reputable, growing family ran company in their Swindon Depot.
Are you looking for an exciting new career? Are you experienced in Logistics / Operations? Are you a CPC Professional? If so this might be the role for you!
The main purpose of the Night Network Manager is to ensure the service, image and performance of the contract is in line with the customer’s expectations. You will also maximise contract profitability, control costs, invoicing, manage the supply chain solution and ensure the timely submission of financial data. Making sure that all service level targets are achieved and exceeded whilst minimising delivery and collection costs in line with budget.
The main responsibilities for the Night Network / Transport Manager are:
• Manage/audit store/delivery profiles and customer specific delivery requirements.
• Ensure all outbases are compliant with the returns and delivery processes
• Ensure all Job specific training is completed and adhered to
• Ensure maximum communication between the client and Customers
• Manage internal and external subcontractors.
• Responsible for managing KPI’s
• Log and report KPI’s
• Ensure continuous improvement throughout
• Must be flexible to suit project, Business and customer needs
• Ensure efficient cost and effective planning of the operation
• Manage the operation ensuring that Service Level Agreement KPI’s are achieved
• Ensure management of all suppliers and support services at the operating sites
• Ensure all relevant operational procedures are adhered to
• Monitors and review operational performance
• Drives quality throughout the service centre challenging others to improve
• Drivers time sheet and reconciliation
• Manage and record Swindon drivers WTD
• Nightly Staff reconciliation and Rosta management
• Drive customer service throughout the contract service centre
• Day-to-day liaison with the customer, resolving problems
• Work proactively with both on customer operations, call centre and external Suppliers
• Represent the company at customer meetings
• Dealing with and escalating customer complaints
Financial / Reporting
• Accurate reporting of weekly financial data to ensure a timely flow of information back to the customer
• Review weekly financial data ensuring anomalies are questioned and investigated
• To produce weekly, monthly reports
• Ensure that daily KPI’s are submitted to the leadership team
• Manage all aspects of people management
• Management of all personnel at the contract service centre to ensure adequate staffing levels whilst maintaining headcount costs
• Recruit effective individuals to vacant positions.
• Complete annual performance reviews and take action where there is persistent underperformance
• Provide regular communication and team briefings to the team.
• Control the usage of temporary labour minimising the cost to both the customer and the business
• Develops colleagues
• Ensure the Company Health and Safety Policy and all other statutory requirements are adhered to.
• Working Time Directive, Road Traffic Acts and vehicle safety. Takes immediate and appropriate action when required
• Ensure fleet compliance in line
Knowledge, Skills and Experience of the Night Network / Transport Manager:
• Is an experienced Transport/Logistics manager
• Proven success in operating within budgetary requirements whilst achieving and exceeding customer expectations
• Commercial awareness
• Has National CPC qualification - preferred
• Is literate and numerate to GCSE or NVQ Level 2 or equivalent standard.
• Comprehensive knowledge or Transport, Drivers hours, WTD and Employment law.
• Familiarity with Transport management systems
• IT Literate – Minimum of basic office packages
Personal specification for the Night Network / Transport Manager:
• Commands respect from the team through knowledge, experience and positive personal style.
• Leads the team, taking responsibility and ownership of the service centre.
• Understands the importance of company values and drives them throughout the service centre
• Has a clear and supportive management style.
• Relates well to people. Recognises the importance of and effectively delivers regular communication to all team members.
• Has a passion for service and a strong customer focus.
• Capable of managing multiple priorities and demands working under pressure to critical deadlines and objectives.
• Has regard for the wider business interest and the need to work as part of a team.
Hours for the Night Network / Transport Manager are:
Monday - Friday between 20.30 -07.00
Please only apply if you have the relevant experience- if you have not heard back within a week please assume your application was unsucessful.
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.