Toucan recruitment is looking for Pallet Network Transport Manager based in Bridgend.
Must have strong Distribution/Logistics/Supply Chain Environment and Traffic management Dealing with VOSA Compliance knowledge.
Week 1- 3am - 12pm
Week 2- 11am - 8pm
Week by week shift rotation.
Every other Saturday.
Salary: £25,000.00 to £26,000.00
* Working with customers/suppliers/drivers and other traffic desks, planning routes and scheduling delivery times to ensure the smooth running of the operation
* Prioritising workload, route planning, allocating drivers, driver brief and de-brief
* Driver communication and monitoring
* Liaise with other depots within the Company
* Strong organisational skills for planning schedules, journeys and loads
* Proactively work to reduce late deliveries and missed time slots
* Ability to work flexibly and to make decisions quickly
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with people at all levels
* Maintain computerised system such as Stirling. Have the skills to use excel spread sheet
* A good understanding of transport regulations currently in force
* Good geographical knowledge
* Booking driver agency staff depending on workload
* Provide on-site security surveillance for the depot
* Must monitor Compliance and work with drivers and Compliance to eliminate infringements
* Must ensure that all drivers are aware of SAFED, and be actively involved in improving SAFED achievements to goals
* Must be an integral part of, and is responsible for employee health and safety
* Ensure that vehicles and trailers are available in a timely manner to adhere to Compliance and inspection requirements
* Provide general support appropriate to the management when required
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.