Due to a period of rapid growth across the business, I am currently looking for a Planning & Logistics Manager.
My Client is a leading industrial supplies organisation, which provides a wide range of goods, services & recyclables to industrial and manufacturing markets. With sites across the whole of the UK and in Europe, their combined strength in product & high volume savings is increased with the presence of a local supplier; leading the market through innovation, quality and service.
What will your new role look like as Planning & Logistics Manager:
* Ensure all elements of production are scheduled to maximum capacity/capability including machines, bench assembly, case manufacture.
* Ensure outgoing deliveries are scheduled in an efficient manner and achieve total customer satisfaction.
* Schedule all activities in relation to the delivery of raw materials to meet production schedules and manage material flow across the site.
* Control the sites stock of timber and finished goods, ensuring an efficient stock rotation and adherence to the sites stock profile.
* Key member of the site leadership team, working together to drive the site’s performance to agreed KPI targets
* Site Profitability:
What will you be responsible for:
* Labour cost per pallet.
* Labour cost as a % of value produced.
* Adherence to plan.
* Weekly quantity produced.
* Pallet adherence to stock profile.
* Timber adherence to stock profile.
* Timber consumption
* Machine efficiency.
* Stock control and stock management of timber and pallets.
* Production Planning
* Ensure all man power and machinery resources are utilised in an efficient manner and meet the site’s delivery performance, financial targets and other KPI’s.
* Set departmental and individual targets for operators to ensure weekly KPI’s are achieved including HGV drivers and FLT drivers.
* Lead period end stock takes ensuring they are completed accurately, efficiently and in a timely manner.
* Manage the manufacture of all Customer Samples.
Additional elements of the role:
* Ensure raw materials are ordered and planned for delivery in a timely fashion to ensure production schedules are met.
* Ensure any material to be x cut on site is done so to ensure production schedules are met.
* Monitor and control the quality of incoming timber.
* Ensure kiln records audited weekly and all relevant documentation is completed in a timely manner within the TIMCON compliance system
* To manage and maintain the ISPM15 license including all relevant documentation
General duties (not limited to)
* Monitor overtime to ensure site targets are achieved within budget.
* Ensure regular communications with all employees are maintained in line with the company and operation functional strategy
* Collate and analyses performance metrics, submit site and Group reports.
* Undertake any reasonable management requests
If this sounds like you & you would like further information about the Client & your suitability for the role, then give me a call.
Salary is negotiable depending on experience
Working hours are 8:00am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday.
Jayne (phone number removed)
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.