Mane are recruiting for a Planning and Logistics Manager to work in Ulverston on a 6 month contract.
As a Planning and Logistics Manager you will perform a wide range of general administrative and/or technical accountabilities and operations, and analyse and complete respective projects or concepts, in order to deliver functional specific internal services, for an organization assigned. You will also be need to ensure the highest level of Health and Safety is observed and followed in every aspect within the production environment and every task performed.
Your duties will be to effectively plan the materials & production activity for product lines, within available capacity to satisfy customer expectations, This role is primarily responsible for detailed planning of production orders. You will be required to maintain a close liaison with Production departments to discuss changes to production plans and methods. The main purpose of the job is to plan production activity, within available capacity to satisfy customer expectations. Analysis and revision of ERP planning data would be necessary to ensure accurate and efficient manufacturing plans are generated.
The principal accountabilities of this position are to raise and plan production orders to ensure customer delivery is achieved and monitor and maintain routing information to provide the most efficient and accurate capacity planning data. Analyse and recommend changes to all aspects of the ERP system to increase efficiency / improvements and / or reduce lead times. Attend Progress review meetings to ensure progress to plans, and to reach agreement on corrective actions where milestones are not achieved. Work closely with and co-ordinate all manufacturing related functions to ensure achievement of the production plan.
* Supports assigned organization with professional internal services, in a specified area of competence.
* Completes maintenance, organization, and distribution of technical or commercial records and information.
* Conducts analysis, project/process reporting and database/data management.
* Analyzes and designs processes, methods, and structures incl. resources and scheduling.
* Determines specific measures (KPI's) for monitoring performance.
* Develops programs, statistical reports, budgets and presentations.
* Participates in projects within the field of competence.
* Communicates and runs trainings for process implementation.
* May advice operation staff, and act as competence point of escalation.
• Plan production orders to ensure customer delivery is achieved.
• Monitor and maintain routing information to provide accurate capacity planning data.
• Analyse and recommend changes to material flow to increase efficiency and / or reduce leadtime.
• Attend progress review meetings to ensure progress to plans, and to reach agreement on corrective actions where milestones are not achieved.
• File and maintain planning documentation in IT systems. & Ensure that production plans are properly installed and executed. Maintaining excel spreadsheets and Microsoft data reports.
• Calculates and deploys short-term and mid-term production plans for assigned production resources.
• Analysing short and long term planning scenarios considering forecast plans and capacity planning options, customer service / cost impact.
• Compare capacity plans (from SAP) and actual capacity utilisation, and recommend changes to critical resource planning.
• Assist with other adhoc projects and / or duties as and when required.
• SOP – Simulation of projects to advise delivery dates where possible.
• Customer Support – Planning of Sales orders and reporting of status / slippages. For the implementation of reliable master production schedules (MPS) that meet customer service levels
• Production – agreement on production plans and methods.
• Materials and Purchasing – maintain dialogue on supplier deliveries by exception to ensure regular analyses of order plans, critical timelines from sales operation and double-checks respective resources, and available stocks of materials, parts and components
• Data Team : Advise the data team of any data error or updates required to routing/BOM in the SAP system.
If you have relevant experience and are available please apply to this advert and call Frankie on 01923470737
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.