This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Planning & Logistics Manager to work for a leading local business that is part of a Global group. As Planning & Logistics Manager, you will be responsible for effectively leading and managing the existing Planning & Logistics operations, ensuring the effective planning of works activities, goods in, 3PL and transport, storage and despatch of goods to the customer.
As Planning & Logistics Manager your duties will include but not be limited to:
• Recognise areas of improvement within the planning and logistics operations and implement strategies to increase the efficiency and overall effectiveness of the function.
• Effectively lead and manage the team, monitoring performance and ensuring performance targets are achieved, working closely with the Works Manager and GM.
• Manage the flow of goods in and out of the site, liaising with external transport companies as well as employees in the yard.
• Ensure transport costs are kept to a minimum without impacting on delivery times
• Management of all storage facilities.
• Plan all works activities based on orders and liaise with the Works Manager to ensure this is delivered on time.
• Previous experience of Planning & Logistics management in a strategic role
• Experience of managing 3PL and planning in an industrial setting
• An understanding of lean processes
• Attractive salary and company benefits
• The opportunity to have a collaborative strategic involvement in the companies continuous growth plans whist having the autonomy to deliver the results in your own style.
• Genuine potential for progression to Operations and General Management.
If you would like to apply for this role please forward your CV preferably in Microsoft Word format to us including your full postal address and contact telephone numbers.
• Edwards & Pearce is a professional recruitment consultancy with 11 specialist divisions managed by experts in their own area of recruitment
• Established in 1998
• Employ approx 30 staff
• 2 offices in Doncaster & Hull
• Edwards & Pearce operates according to a strict ethical code and aims to offer both candidates and clients the highest levels of professionalism and customer service.
• Edwards & Pearce has an enviable client base including plc’s, blue chip organisations and SME’s , global FMCG manufacturing, the public sector, charities and the Big 4 accountancy firms achieving preferred supplier status with many clients
• From the 2 offices based in Yorkshire, Edwards & Pearce successfully recruit for not only local, regional and national clients but has also undertaken and filled international assignments
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.