Job Title: Procurement & Transport Manager UK & Ireland
Reports to: Managing Director
Location: Hertford, Head Office
Hours: 40 hours per week – Monday to Friday
ReachActive provides specialist engineering services across the power, multi-utility and building services sectors within the UK and Ireland marketspace. We are a forward thinking and innovative contractor adept at recognising business opportunity, identifying gaps in the market and delivering total solutions that meet the needs and exceed all expectations of our clients.
ReachActive provides its clients with a single source of specialist project resources and services. This approach has led to its five complimentary divisions, which provide an unrivalled breadth & depth of engineering.
Procurement & Transport Manager
A highly commercial and numerate professional with a broad range of skills to incorporate the overseeing and managing of the procurement and transport processes for UK & Ireland, so that the desired input margins can be achieved through effective negotiation and supplier engagement. To serve key stakeholders to develop and implement key procurement and commercial strategies across a range of projects. You will be responsible for ensuring that the Company remains fully compliant and legal in accordance with current plant and transportation legislation, plus controlling the daily operation of vehicles ensuring maximum uptime of vehicle availability and keeping data on all vehicles. Strong intellectual and analytical skills on a broad range of procurement and transport projects, with experience in managing a diverse team.
Key responsibilities and duties:
* Manage all procurement functions including conducting bids, supplier negotiation and processing orders for UK & Ireland
* Collaborate with customers, suppliers and account management to create procurement solutions that meet service, terminology, specification and cost expectations
* Ensure department records are maintained in accordance with established policies, procedures and audit guidelines
* Undertake price negotiations with suppliers as needed and serve as the company representative to prospective suppliers
* Communicate company needs and gather information from suppliers regarding their products and services
* In the case of price increases, initiate negotiations with supplier to mitigate increase and/or develop plans to mitigate and/or offset price increases
* Evaluate supplier performance through monthly scorecards and plant visits, as necessary
* Research and develop new product sourcing options as necessary
* Develop and execute inventory strategies to achieve annual inventory turn objective.
* Develop and execute cost reduction strategies to achieve annual cost reduction objective for the given commodities
* Source new suppliers for UK & Ireland using the internet and existing supply chain contacts
* Set up new suppliers, contracts, SLA’s, terms, rebates
* Checking and imputing of orders to the in-house procurement software
* Building relationships with suppliers, meetings etc
* Respond to customer and supplier inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations
* Contact suppliers to schedule or expedite deliveries and resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries.
* Carry out site visits and communicate regularly with management keeping them abreast with products, prices, deliveries
* The safe operation of all Transport activities ensuring compliance with Health & Safety and Safe Systems of Work.
* Ensuring legal compliance to the Traffic Commissioners Operating Licenses
* Ensure sites conform and work with the Vehicle Operator Licensing Agency inspections
* Ensure regular and effective communication methods/mechanisms are developed
* Provision of monthly reporting with focus on KPI including accident repair costs, vehicle availability, accident management and reduction, procurement strategy etc
* Ensure compliance with all drivers on monitoring Tacho and Tacho Master, Vehicle Licence checks and relevant CPC’s
* Ensure compliance with all road transport legislation and industry best practice, developing, reviewing and implementing policy, processes and procedures
* Follow and adhere to Company’s Operating licence undertakings ((OCRS) Operator Compliance Risk Score monitoring)
* Database Management & Insurance administrations including accidents and renewals
* Work closely with individual department managers to agree scope and requirement of new vehicle purchases and manage the asset disposals and new vehicle on-boarding processes
* Advise the business on industry wide developments especially in relation to the operation of alternative fuels and reduction in emissions in line with legislation changes
* In conjunction with end users, prepare technical specifications for vehicle and plant replacements and advise end users on the effective utilisation of vehicles and plant, changes in its construction, use and type and provide advice on transport legislation or proposals that may affect the user’s operations
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Experienced Buyer with strong negotiating skills
Excellent customer service and will have a proactive and positive approach to change
Good knowledge and understanding of FORS (Fleet Operator Recognition Scheme)
Must have experience of managing a large versatile fleet of vehicles and equipment
Substantial transport & fleet management experience in a multi-site environment
Must hold a valid CPC (Certificate of Professional Competence) qualification card
Valid Full UK Driver’s Licence
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work with others
Experience in using the Microsoft Office Suite of applications
Good organisational skills and able to work to demanding deadlines
Knowledge of construction industry and materials
Good level of education, ideally either a member of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) or Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT) is preferred but not essential (or equivalent)
Working knowledge of COINS
Knowledge of the Operator Compliance Risk Score (OCRS) system
Proven ability to manage a team
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.