Our client is looking for a Planning, Production and Transport manager to join their team based near Abingdon, Oxfordshire.
You will be required to manage activities and employees involved in the Warehouse, transport and planning departments. You will be responsible for ensuring all machinery and vehicles remain compliant and that all health and safety requirements are adhered to at all times throughout the teams.
Key duties are to include but not limited to;
• Responsible for the production planning and making sure the warehouse, transportation and planning teams are adequately resourced
• Ensuring that communication between departments is ongoing and utilised to maintain an environment of continuous improvement.
• Providing a leadership support function to teams and motivating staff to achieve production goals
• Ensuring key performance indicators are in place and production targets are met
• Implementation of any new policies and procedures relating to the production process
• Day to day driver management to include breaks, failed deliveries, missing steel, incorrect paperwork
• To book vehicle/HIAB servicing and repairs efficiently to lessen impact on deliveries
• Manage stock levels of requirements for warehouse machinery
• Maximise production across all locations
• To ensure all machinery, plant and equipment is satisfactorily maintained and information recorded for compliance
• To ensure all company vehicles are legally compliant, driving licence’s valid and periodically checked and all paperwork filed securely
Skills required to do the role are as follows but not limited to;
• Previous experience in a similar role
• Knowledge of organisational effectiveness and operations management
• Knowledge of Health & Safety requirements
• Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organisation
If you are interested in the role please send your CV or contact us on;
email; (url removed)
Telephone number; (Apply online only)
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.