Job Title: Purchasing / Logistics Manager
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Salary: £Competitive Salary DOE
Our client is a manufacturer of special engineering solutions. They now have a requirement for a Purchasing/Logistics Manager to join their team at their site in Sheffield, South Yorkshire.
£COMPETITIVE SALARY DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE, CONTRIBUTORY PENSION SCHEME, 33 DAYS INCLUDING BANK HOLIDAYS, PROFIT RELATED BONUS.
Purchasing / Logistics Manager Responsibilities:
- Provide support for supply chain functions to ensure the timely supply of material, components and consumables on
time to MRP and production build requirements and indirect purchases.
- Coordinate documentation and transport throughout the manufacturing process, to include expediting subcontract
operations and delivery to final customer in line with schedule.
- Plan, direct and coordinate the activities of the purchasing function and extended supply chain involved in purchasing
materials, products, and services to support the Business Plan.
- Manage and maintain MRP system.
- Negotiate price and supply terms.
- Planning, developing and buying materials, parts, supplies and equipment in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Prepare purchase requisitions, approve and issue purchase orders in accordance with company policy.
- Track purchasing activity and measurements.
- Discuss defective or unacceptable new goods or services with users, vendors and others to determine cause of
problem and take corrective and preventative action.
- Develop and agree purchasing targets for inventory and consumables.
- Organisation of appropriate transport and documentation for both EU and non EU countries.
Purchasing / Logistics Manager Requirements:
- Hold qualifications in a relevant discipline, preferably MCIPS (Member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and
- Strong working background within a similar role (Ideally from a manufacturing/engineering environment).
- Ability to use and interrogate a MRP system.
- Experience of operating within an ISO 9001 environment.
- Commercial awareness.
- Ability to adapt to different client needs and to develop and maintain successful working relationships.
Purchasing / Logistics Manager Benefits:
- Competitive Salary dependant on experience.
- Monday to Thursday – 7.45am – 4.15pm, Friday 7.45am – 12.45pm.
- Profit related Bonus Scheme.
- Contributory Pension Scheme.
- 33 days holiday including bank holidays and factory shutdown periods.
NOTE: Our client encourages applications from candidates from both commercial and ex-military backgrounds; Royal Navy, British Army (Royal Logistics Corps), Royal Air Force (Logistician)
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.