We are currently seeking an experienced Purchasing and Logistics Manager to manage a Purchasing and Logistics team in the Lancing area.
You’ll be working in the Buying and Supply Chain department of a fantastic company who offer a fun, hardworking and modern environment, working with a team of people focused on the success and growth of the company.
You’ll need to have experience of Purchasing, Buying or Category Management and Logistics at a Senior level, including trading internationally, ideally having worked with Suppliers in the Middle East and Far East.
* Management of the purchasing and logistics team day to day
* Monitoring and forecasting product and stock demand
* Conducting research to ascertain the best products and suppliers
* Liaising between suppliers, manufacturers and other departments and customers
* Building and maintaining good relationships with new and existing suppliers including negotiating and agreeing contracts
* Reviewing existing suppliers
* Giving presentations and reporting on market analysis and possible growth
* Attending supplier meetings and trade conferences
* Overseeing the shipping of products from China to the UK
* Training and supervising the work of other team members
You will need to have strong purchasing and logistics experience as well as people management experience and ideally knowledge or experience gained within international trade, particularly working with suppliers in the Middle East and Far East.
The salary is £45k - £50k dependent on experience.
First Recruitment Services Ltd is acting as an employment agency
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.