A successful and extremely high profile customer focussed logistics solution company with national presence is seeking a Regional Transport Manager to control a number of sites throughout the North and the Midlands. This is a fantastic opportunity for somebody who wants to take full ownership of the operation, develop and build solid relationship with the team and client on site. The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary from £40,000 - £45,000 annual salary (dependent on experience) with company car, 5 weeks annual leave rising to 6 weeks, development opportunities and amazing pension scheme.
Working (Apply online only) Monday to Friday. The sites to oversee are established and well managed and you will be responsible for ensuring that the region meets the budgetary requirements and financial goals set. This will also include responsibility for managing more than 50 vehicles and around 100 drivers.
The role requires a strong focus on building strong relationship with the client and the contract, driver and vehicle compliance, excellent customer service skills with extensive experience and knowledge of the transport industry.
As the Regional Transport Manager your duties will include:
* Developing customer / client relationships and contract
* Delivering substantial cost savings as well as delivering against challenging KPIs and SLA
* Ensuring health and safety standards are met and enforced
* Managing staff effectively, ensuring that the team understands and commits to the vision, mission and strategy of the business
* Collaborate with other managers and staff members to formulate and implement policies, procedures, goals and objectives
* Identifying opportunities for improvements and potential development to boost productivity and profitability
* Utilising the company’s transport management system to its maximum potential
* Becoming the named Transport Manager for a specific area of the company’s Operator’s licence
* Ensuring all relevant transport legislation is complied with at all times
To be a successful Regional Transport Manager you will have the following skills and experience:
* Transport Manager CPC Qualified (National/International)
* Experience in being an O ’licence holder
* Experience in managing large fleets and driver bases in multi-site logistics operations
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with people at all levels
* Solid Customer relationship building skills
* Continuous improvement in operational performance
* Strong organisational skills for planning schedules, journeys and loads
* Good leadership and motivational skills
* Excellent understanding of transport regulations
The Regional Transport Manager will be working from 9:00am-5:00pm, Monday to Friday but flexibility is required.
In return, the Regional Transport Manager will receive a salary from £40,000 - £45,000 annual salary plus company car (dependent on experience) plus 5 weeks holiday rising to 6 weeks after 3 years in service, amazing pension scheme and development opportunities as the company continues to grow.
This role would suit a seasoned Transport professional able to demonstrate senior management experience in a commercial and customer service driven environment who looks after several sites in their current or previous work experiences.
*** Regional Transport Manager , Senior Transport Manager , Transport Contract Manager , 3PL Transport Manager , CPC , Transport Manager CPC , CPC International , CPC national , vehicle compliance , driver compliance , O Licence , Tamworth , Coventry , Birmingham , North , Midlands
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.