Working Hours: Minimum 35 hours per week, Monday – Friday
Benefits: 25 days annual leave + bank holidays; a contributory pension scheme; season ticket loan; Childcare Voucher Scheme; an employee assistance programme
One of the UK’s most inspiring and best known faith-based organisations, The Salvation Army, is looking for a Senior Fleet Specialist to assist the Fleet Operations Manager to deliver an effective Fleet operation within the remit of the UK Territory. The Salvation Army Fleet team are currently responsible for the management of 1000 plus cars and light commercial vehicles used by the organisation's staff throughout the United Kingdom & Republic of Ireland.
Working as part of a team, you will be responsible for developing Analytics, Insurance & Fuel reports to The Fleet Operations Manager (FOM) and deputising for the FOM in their absence.
You will be a key member of the team with the responsibility of analyising leasing quotes and preparation of vehicle choice tables, preparing reports on accident claims statistics and dealing with the allocation and control of the fuel card programme. In addition, the Senior Fleet Specialist will require a broader knowledge of fleet operations, outside of their particular remit, in order to be able to handle vehicle related queries of any nature from stakeholders or service providers.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
Significant experience in a managerial or supervisory position within the vehicle fleet sector and a full drivers licence. A broad knowledge of fleet operations is essential, preferably gained within an internal fleet department environment. Excellent computer skills are essential, this position requires a person with the ability to quickly learn how to competently use a variety of web based databases and applications as well as being higly skilled in the use of Microsoft Excel.
Appointment subject to satisfactory references and right to work in the UK
Duties and Responsibilities
- Deputise for Fleet Operations Manager (FOM) in his/her absence.
- Represent FOM & the unit at internal meetings & meetings with external contacts if FOM Unavailable.
- Prepare rate book template quarterly, or as required, for leasing appointed leasing companies to populate with latest pricing. Compile a master rate book from which personal contributions can be calculated, produce sample contributions spreadsheet, ready for approval and publishing.
- Monitor accident management claims system, produce alerts and reports as directed. Maintain multiple offender register to enable the correct recharging of any personal excess contributions. Monitor uninsured loss recovery, progress outcomes and monies received. Arrange for refunds of excess where appropriate.
- Manage the commercial fleet list, assist with the procurement of new vehicles. Liaise with dealers, manufacturers and body builders to obtain the optimum service and discounts where available. Keep up to date with all legislations involving minibuses, vans and Section 19 permits.
- Prepare and organise breakdown cover for commercial vehicles.
- Process driver fuel card requests, interface with fuel card and mileage management providers to add and remove drivers, analyse fuel management information to identify exceptions and trends.
- In relation to own areas of responsibility, ensure hard copy filing is up to date, organise shared drive computer files and assist with transition to digital imaged files and ongoing maintenance thereof.
- Monitor budget reports on a monthly basis and keep Fleet Operations Manager appraised of any areas of concern in terms of over or under spend.
- Assist FOM with annual budget preparation.
- Under direction of the FOM, be responsible for maintaining the Department’s content on the intranet (Infonet / OurHub) ensuring forms, documents and content is up to date.
Experience and job-related knowledge
- The ability to quickly learn and competently use a variety of web based management information systems and databases.
- High competency in working with Microsoft Excel and good working knowledge of the rest of the Microsoft Office suit
- A good understanding of budget preparation and monitoring
- Proven experience of dealing with staff at all levels and responding to difficult situations
- Proven experience of working to tight deadlines and working under pressure
- Experience of working with confidential information
- Previous experience of working in a vehicle fleet environment
- Working knowledge of vehicle insurance
- Working knowledge of vehicle leasing
- An interest in cars and an understanding of the different types of vehicles.
- Significant experience in a managerial or supervisory position within the vehicle fleet sector
- Full Drivers licence
- Degree level education
- Computing based qualification ECDL or similar
- Proven interpersonal skills
- Proven organisational abilities
- Self-Starter, able to work on own initiative and without close supervision
- Confident communicator of detailed information both written and verbal
- Team player
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure
- Tenacious problem solver
- Flexibility – willingness to take on new tasks when directed.
- Available to be flexible with working hours when meeting deadlines