About the role
Balfour Beatty is currently recruiting for a Senior Logistics Manager to join our Regional South team at Heathrow Airport. You will be part of a dedicated site based team responsible for delivering a variety of diverse and interesting projects at the world’s second busiest airport.
As a Senior Logistics Manager you will:
* Manage all logistics, including 2-3 individuals
* Have overall responsibility for the logistical requirements of the project and to lead by example, managing the day to day delivery of the logistics plan required to deliver projects at Heathrow Airport
* Ensure all bookings are scheduled and applied for in time to allow site deliveries & road closures etc.
* Be responsible for the safety and welfare of the general public, staff and supply chain within area of control under the strict observance of the safety policy and in conjunction with local HSE
* Carry out regular site visits to check storage areas are kept clear and maintained
* Manage sub-contractors, including monitoring of contractor attendance and progress, providing direct instruction and support as necessary, such that contractual arrangements are achieved
* Have a successful track record in managing project logistical requirements within a construction, or a construction related environment
* Be able to clearly communicate the requirements of a safe system of work to ensure that these are followed accurately, and have experience in implementing systems improvements
* Be capable of taking ownership of tasks and communicating outcomes with clarity; experienced at encouraging direct reports to do the same and managing a team to ensure tasks are carried out effectively and key messages cascaded
* Have the ability to work under pressure to deadlines, and have a flexible attitude towards work in order to deal with a variable and demanding workload
* Hold a CSCS Card
* Be SMSTS qualified or willing to undertake a course for SMSTS training
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the (url removed) Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.