Tired of working in the UK? Do you want to work internationally but have the benefit of being able to come home every weekend? Do you have you experience of working on large scale construction projects over £100 million? Are you a Senior Construction Logistics Manager? If so please read on...
This is a very interesting opportunity to work for a UK main contractor on a large scale mixed use development based in Belgium. The project is in excess of £250 million and is currently at piling stage with at least another 2 years work left out there with the potential of another 3 years and £400 million worth of work.
They need somebody to work alongside the Project Manager looking specifically after the whole site logistics and working alongside all the sub-contractors. As the Logistics Manager you will be responsible for:
Being responsible for all aspects of the logistics supply chain, stores management, development and optimisation of site logistics solutions to meet the needs of the project. The logistics manager will be required to manage the movement of people, goods and equipment at the construction site.
Key interfaces that the logistics manager must ensure early engagement with are: the project planner; the commercial managers procuring the works and the senior construction manager on the site. The construction logistics manager should ensure that the construction team is fully aware of logistics activities in support of the build program.
* Plan site set-up to move labour, plant, and materials around site efficiently (eg hoarding, gates, site accommodation, cranes, hoists, security, temporary services, material delivery and waste management strategy, catering).
* Plan internal and external logistics routes through the project phases focusing on separation of vehicles, machinery and people. Lay down areas and offloading points.
* Pre-plan the usage of key assets such as hoists to ensure planned assets meet the needs of the program.
* Create a secure site
* Responsible for all traffic management internally and externally, weighbridges and road network cleanliness.
* Manage installation of site accommodation and manage these facilities
* Create operational procedures and method statements
* Organise site inductions, ensure induction records are securely stored.
* Create a schedule of logistics meetings and ensure logistics is represented at site meetings.
Supply chain management:
* Describe the characteristics of the site, including site access /egress, storage capacity and arrangement by programme, labour, hoists, cranes etc
* Use the description to produce daily, weekly and long term movements plans
* Understand procurement arrangements
* Control materials in and out of site.
* Plan and integrate with key contractors to meet the needs of the planned programme
* Assist in the evaluation of potential logistic suppliers and appropriate delivery management booking systems.
* Be capable of managing sub-contractors to deliver their package of goods or services
* Variation control and early communication of foreseeable change
* Commercial/contract basic understanding
* Utilise business management system procedures.
* Record keeping and key performance indicator (KPI) production.
It's a very interesting project with an extremely interesting but challenging client! It's set in an open plan office sitting with the client and they really encourage openness and honesty and like to work in partnership to get ahead of programme and target.
The client are a key main contractor in the UK and have a strong history of delivering complex projects on time and to budget. They have in the last 5 years been working on major projects in Europe and plan to continue to grow this division.
The person that they are looking for:
* Must have worked on major projects over £100 million in the UK as this is using a UK contract.
* Have shown a strong and stable history of working for a main contractor or major construction logistics sub-contractor
* Be the type of manager that likes to be out on site working hand in hand with the sub-contractors and client
This main contractor have a good reputation for looking after their staff and understand that this is a big commitment and change in lifestyle for somebody so are being as flexible as they can be with people coming back every weekend.
As well as the salary the relocation package includes an apartment, all costs to and from site and a generous living allowance.
I feel this is an ideal opportunity for somebody who is looking to try something new and work internationally but have the luxury of having accommodation paid, the option of coming back every weekend and working on a huge project with an impressive client.
If you would like to know more information please call Ricky on (Apply online only) or send in your CV and I will be in touch
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.