SENIOR LOGISTICS MANAGER -E COMMERCE – THIRD PARTY LOGISTICS SOLUTIONS SECTOR
“Ecommerce logistics network strategy definition, development and implementation”
Salary: Excellent + Bonus + Car + Benefits
Actual Job Location: Thailand
Our client is one of the world’s most successful third-party logistics service providers with an impressive portfolio of blue chip multinational accounts across a range of industry sectors. It currently operates a number of retail store delivery logistics operations via a network of dedicated and shared user warehousing and logistics operations.
This is a newly created role within a new eCommerce and direct-to-consumer division, focused on enabling retail consumers to shop a range of fashion and consumer goods brands “anytime, anywhere and on any device” enhancing the customer experience.
As the Senior Logistics Manager – eCommerce you will be responsible for defining and driving our client’s eCommerce and direct fulfilment strategy and for managing the eCommerce delivery plan along with the flow of work through the cross functional teams involved in the eFulfilment channel. You will be responsible for analysing, identifying, developing and implementing warehousing and logistics network strategies to support the digital businesses of a variety of retail contracts/accounts ranging from fashion retailers to department stores through to grocery super/hypermarkets. Therefore, you will work closely with customer retail supply chain teams, internal logistics operations and technology development partners covering eFulfilment, WMS, vendor and carrier management systems.
eFulfilment solutions could range from small package, LTL (Less Than Full Truckload), last mile threshold, two-person home delivery and “white glove” specialist operations. This will include utilising our clients inhouse warehouse and transport network and negotiating with specialist parcels carriers.
As Senior Logistics Manager – eCommerce you will act as our 3PL’s client’s logistics and supply chain expert on direct-to-consumer fulfilment and will lead the interactions with various internal and external colleagues and partners to define the network, optimise operations; develop contingencies; analyse the impacts of business process changes, support merchandise strategy changes and proactively bring forward and advance initiatives that drive enhanced customer experience and engagement.
You will be responsible for the organisation and implementation of a complex eCommerce and eFulfilment logistics operation. You will plan, implement and control the efficient flow and storage of goods, services and related information between the point of origin and the point of consumption in order to meet customer requirements.
As our client’s eCommerce Logistics expert, you will continuously improve the eCommerce logistics network strategy both outboard and inbound reverse/return logistics in line with dynamic market trends and will maintain an awareness of competitive risks and opportunities.
• Define and shape the eCommerce strategy by working closely with our client’s inhouse national network of warehousing and logistics operational sites, retail customer supply chains, specialist fulfilment technology partners and parcels carriers.
• Integrate the front-end order placement with warehouse management systems, vendor and carrier management systems.
• You will assess the current physical logistics network evaluating whether existing operations can support eCommerce strategy or whether a specialist fulfilment centre will be required in which case you will be responsible for presenting a variety of scenarios/models, business cases and investment proposals.
• Develop eCommerce delivery benchmarks and KPI’s such as speed, convenience, customisation and experience.
• Work with IT/systems teams to achieve delivery performance.
• Manage a portfolio of concurrent eCommerce delivery projects of varying sizes and complexity from an end to end perspective.
• Manage the flow of eCommerce project work through internal and external teams and partners, translating briefs into detailed eCommerce requirements.
• Consolidate cross functional online delivery systems and the physical logistics network in a customer focused and commercially driven environment.
• Engage with multiple teams cross functionally from technology to retail supply chain and physical warehousing and logistics networks to properly perform detailed project planning and execution monitoring, covering all required perspectives for final project delivery.
• Control and manage multiple project status and communicate with executive team members in relation to project status updates and to flag project concerns and risks.
• Working closely with your business development and key account management colleagues, you will play a key role in “selling” our client’s eCommerce solution to existing and new prospective customers.
The Ideal Applicant:
• University degree educated. A Masters level qualification would be advantageous.
• At least 10 years logistics and supply chain management experience gained within an operational leadership role gained within the third-party logistics sector. This must be supplemented with at least 3-5 years eCommerce logistics solutions design and network management.
• An in-depth understanding of handling retail and consumer goods logistics operations. This experience could be either all third-party logistics sector focused or combined with inhouse experience in logistics operations management gained within a high street retailer or grocery/super/hyper market chain.
• Your third-party logistics sector experience will also include “selling” logistics and eCommerce logistics solutions to key account retail and consumer goods clients, alongside your business development and key account colleagues.
• You will be experienced in negotiating with parcels carriers and other specialist 4PL logistics solutions providers.
• Experience of project management techniques including planning, resource allocation, prioritisation, evaluation and collaboration.
• You will possess exceptional interpersonal, influencing and engagement skills to manage a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders.
• Excellent business judgement, strong analytical skills and a proven track of taking ownership, leading data driven analysis and influencing results
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.